Past New Driver Game Crash & Blue Screen...!

Rudolf Kemnitz

Hi...

I did install the new driver: 182.50 since that I got new problems:
Almost all games crash since I got this new driver.!!!
Than I did install the beta driver: 185.66, here I got almost only blue
screens!!!
Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
And I don't know why...
It look for me that the beta driver 185.66 have change something... and this
can't be fix...
So I got always the problem, that "every" game crash past 20 minutes...
Now I got the Driver 182.50... and also still problems...
I don't know what to do...
It's not so great that I can't play any game right now...
I also got now a blue screen.
Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...

That's really bad...

Does anyone have an Idea, or a solution?

Bye, DUDI

--
http://www.gamestar.de/community/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)

deimos

Rudolf Kemnitz wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I did install the new driver: 182.50 since that I got new problems:
> Almost all games crash since I got this new driver.!!!
> Than I did install the beta driver: 185.66, here I got almost only blue
> screens!!!
> Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
> And I don't know why...
> It look for me that the beta driver 185.66 have change something... and
> this can't be fix...
> So I got always the problem, that "every" game crash past 20 minutes...
> Now I got the Driver 182.50... and also still problems...
> I don't know what to do...
> It's not so great that I can't play any game right now...
> I also got now a blue screen.
> Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
>
> That's really bad...
>
> Does anyone have an Idea, or a solution?
>
> Bye, DUDI

Here's a hint, it's not your driver causing the blue screens.

Augustus

"Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gs46q7$ubc$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi...
>
> I did install the new driver: 182.50 since that I got new problems:
> Almost all games crash since I got this new driver.!!!
> Than I did install the beta driver: 185.66, here I got almost only blue
> screens!!!
> Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
> And I don't know why...
> It look for me that the beta driver 185.66 have change something... and
> this can't be fix...
> So I got always the problem, that "every" game crash past 20 minutes...
> Now I got the Driver 182.50... and also still problems...
> I don't know what to do...
> It's not so great that I can't play any game right now...
> I also got now a blue screen.
> Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
>
> That's really bad...
>
> Does anyone have an Idea, or a solution?

Are we supposed to read your mind as to what hardware and OS this is running
on, and what apps and games you are using?

Rudolf Kemnitz

"Augustus" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gs46q7$ubc$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
>> Hi...
>>
>> I did install the new driver: 182.50 since that I got new problems:
>> Almost all games crash since I got this new driver.!!!
>> Than I did install the beta driver: 185.66, here I got almost only blue
>> screens!!!
>> Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
>> And I don't know why...
>> It look for me that the beta driver 185.66 have change something... and
>> this can't be fix...
>> So I got always the problem, that "every" game crash past 20 minutes...
>> Now I got the Driver 182.50... and also still problems...
>> I don't know what to do...
>> It's not so great that I can't play any game right now...
>> I also got now a blue screen.
>> Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
>>
>> That's really bad...
>>
>> Does anyone have an Idea, or a solution?

> Are we supposed to read your mind as to what hardware and OS this is
> running on, and what apps and games you are using?

Hardware:
Core 2 Quad Q 6600,
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260,
4 GB Ram DDR2 1066,
Mainbord ASUS P5Q,

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit,

Games (over 50),
Game that did Crash:
Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, Alone in the Dark...
etc... all games Crash past 10 or 20 minutes...

I did Play this games, for 3 or 4 month, without any problem, since I got
the beta Driver, I got now this game crash...

bye, DUDI

--
http://www.gamestar.de/community/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)
http://www.sysprofile.de/id82547 (MY PC)

Andy

"Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gs6k54$5bu$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...

> "Augustus" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> "Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:gs46q7$ubc$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
>>> Hi...
>>>
>>> I did install the new driver: 182.50 since that I got new problems:
>>> Almost all games crash since I got this new driver.!!!
>>> Than I did install the beta driver: 185.66, here I got almost only blue
>>> screens!!!
>>> Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
>>> And I don't know why...
>>> It look for me that the beta driver 185.66 have change something... and
>>> this can't be fix...
>>> So I got always the problem, that "every" game crash past 20 minutes...
>>> Now I got the Driver 182.50... and also still problems...
>>> I don't know what to do...
>>> It's not so great that I can't play any game right now...
>>> I also got now a blue screen.
>>> Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
>>>
>>> That's really bad...
>>>
>>> Does anyone have an Idea, or a solution?

>> Are we supposed to read your mind as to what hardware and OS this is
>> running on, and what apps and games you are using?
>>

> Hardware:
> Core 2 Quad Q 6600,
> Nvidia GeForce GTX 260,
> 4 GB Ram DDR2 1066,
> Mainbord ASUS P5Q,
>
> Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit,
>
> Games (over 50),
> Game that did Crash:
> Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, Alone in the Dark...
> etc... all games Crash past 10 or 20 minutes...
>
> I did Play this games, for 3 or 4 month, without any problem, since I got
> the beta Driver, I got now this game crash...
>
> bye, DUDI
>

> --
> http://www.gamestar.de/community/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
> http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)
> http://www.sysprofile.de/id82547 (MY PC)

Try running your PC with the side panel removed and a household fan pointed
at the gfx card. If this extends the time before crash then you might want
to look at heat as your issue.

Andy

timelord

I agree with Andy regarding the heat issue. Make sure all the fans are
working or see if there is any fan control settings that might help too.

Phil.
"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:M5BFl.16440$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> "Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gs6k54$5bu$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
>>
>> "Augustus" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>
>>> "Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:gs46q7$ubc$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...

>>> Are we supposed to read your mind as to what hardware and OS this is
>>> running on, and what apps and games you are using?
>>>

>> Hardware:
>> Core 2 Quad Q 6600,
>> Nvidia GeForce GTX 260,
>> 4 GB Ram DDR2 1066,
>> Mainbord ASUS P5Q,
>>
>> Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit,
>>
>> Games (over 50),
>> Game that did Crash:
>> Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, Alone in the Dark...
>> etc... all games Crash past 10 or 20 minutes...
>>
>> I did Play this games, for 3 or 4 month, without any problem, since I got
>> the beta Driver, I got now this game crash...
>>
>> bye, DUDI
>>

>> --
>> http://www.gamestar.de/community/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
>> http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)
>> http://www.sysprofile.de/id82547 (MY PC)

> Try running your PC with the side panel removed and a household fan
> pointed at the gfx card. If this extends the time before crash then you
> might want to look at heat as your issue.
>

> Andy

Augustus

> Hardware:
> Core 2 Quad Q 6600,
> Nvidia GeForce GTX 260,
> 4 GB Ram DDR2 1066,
> Mainbord ASUS P5Q,
>
> Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit,
>
> Games (over 50),
> Game that did Crash:
> Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, Alone in the Dark...
> etc... all games Crash past 10 or 20 minutes...
>
> I did Play this games, for 3 or 4 month, without any problem, since I got
> the beta Driver, I got now this game crash...

So what's new with this setup? The GTX260 card? I have one of those...an
eVGA SSC Core 216 model. The first thing I did with this card in my very
well ventilated Antec 180 case was to monitor the GPU and Video memory temps
while gaming. Although it never once artifacted or crashed, I did not like
the temps in the 70's under full gaming load or the very low default fans
speeds, so I loaded up the included eVGA utility and set the default fan
speed to 70% in 2D/3D upon Windows load. The temps now never exceed 57C
under full gaming load for any time period. It makes no more noise I can
detect. You can use Rivatuner to do the same thing. Other methods exist.
Have you looked at your GPU and GDDR temps?

Rudolf Kemnitz

"First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> It's possible the driver updates set your video card's fan to a low
> default speed. It's easily monitored and rectified with Rivatuner.

No,
I control the fan speed, with tools, and also the temps. The card gets never
about 70 C.
The PC case is between 25 and 40 C.
The Graphic Card is between 40 and maximal 70 C...

So it's not to hot that can't be it.
I test it also with older games:
Star Trek Elite Force I & II, and Star Trek Deep Space Nine - The Fallen,
Doom 3, Quake 4, Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
All this Games I play with 16XAA & 16XAF... so they work well, and I can
play for hours...
Only when I play Assassins Creed, Crysis, Alone in the Dark, Rainbow Six
Vegas... then I get Crash.
But I did play this games for month and every day and also for many hours,
and never any problem (even Crysis in DX 10 with AA & AF in 1920x1200
without any problem and this for 4 or 5 hours...), since I did install the
new driver I got this crash... so It look for me that this is an Driver
problem...

bye, DUDI

--
http://www.gamestar.de/community/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)
http://www.sysprofile.de/id82547 (MY PC)

Rudolf Kemnitz

HI again...

I did format my PC and now everything work well.
No problems any more, I use again the older driver 181.20 and I get no crash
or blue screen.
So it was the beta driver how makes all this probs...
But that I have to format my PC that's really bad!
I never use any beta driver from now.

Bye, DUDI