PATA to SATA Converter

Dave P

GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
Using PATA to SATA Converter -

I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to load
XP but system refused to boot afterwards.

I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter or
why I am having problems with this.

I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

Thanks in advance.

Dave P

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Roman_S=B1siada?=

Dnia 2006-03-17 04:13, Użytkownik Dave P napisał/a:

> I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

Try to set drive as Master/Single drive.
--
Roman S±siada
katoda(znaczek)poczta.onet.pl

Dave P

Thanks for your reply. I tried that setting but the computer wont boot
after loading Windows XP, it just freezes up on boot after what appears to
be a good install.

Dave P.

"Roman S±siada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dvdugu$r7i$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dnia 2006-03-17 04:13, Użytkownik Dave P napisał/a:
>
>> I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

> Try to set drive as Master/Single drive.
> --
> Roman S±siada
> katoda(znaczek)poczta.onet.pl
> http://katoda.republika.pl
> GG: 176820 ICQ: 5901565 Jabber: rsasiada(znaczek)jabber.wp.pl
> Hint: (znaczek)=@

Mal

"Dave P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
> Using PATA to SATA Converter -
>
> I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
> drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to load
> XP but system refused to boot afterwards.
>
> I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
> finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter or
> why I am having problems with this.
>
> I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dave P

If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
motherboard?

Mal

BigVoice

I am now using 2 PATA to SATA converters for my PATA HDs. I use SATA
cables for the HDs. It works OK and I don't need to install any
drivers in XP. Just plug in and use "auto" in the BIOs setting.

As to the PATA HD jumper setting set it to Master.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:17:08 -0000, "Mal" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Dave P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
>> Using PATA to SATA Converter -
>>
>> I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
>> drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to load
>> XP but system refused to boot afterwards.
>>
>> I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
>> finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter or
>> why I am having problems with this.
>>
>> I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Dave P
>>

>If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
>converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
>when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
>motherboard?
>
>Mal

Dave P

"Mal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:441aa81e$0$1678$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
>> Using PATA to SATA Converter -
>>
>> I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
>> drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to
>> load XP but system refused to boot afterwards.
>>
>> I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
>> finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter
>> or why I am having problems with this.
>>
>> I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Dave P
>>

> If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
> converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
> when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
> motherboard?
>
> Mal

Yes, loaded F6 drivers. This board wont even boot windows using straight
IDE to IDE.
Board is toast.

Dave P

Dave P

This board is just plain toast. Wont even load XP going PATA to PATA.

"BigVoice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am now using 2 PATA to SATA converters for my PATA HDs. I use SATA
> cables for the HDs. It works OK and I don't need to install any
> drivers in XP. Just plug in and use "auto" in the BIOs setting.
>
> As to the PATA HD jumper setting set it to Master.
>
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:17:08 -0000, "Mal" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Dave P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
>>> Using PATA to SATA Converter -
>>>
>>> I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
>>> drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to
>>> load
>>> XP but system refused to boot afterwards.
>>>
>>> I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
>>> finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter
>>> or
>>> why I am having problems with this.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Dave P
>>>

>>If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
>>converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
>>when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
>>motherboard?
>>
>>Mal

Travis Jordan

Dave P wrote:
> Yes, loaded F6 drivers. This board wont even boot windows using
> straight IDE to IDE.
> Board is toast.

You did a CMOS reset after you changed the configuration, right?