Patatoe chip sounds during screen activity

GarField

Hi,

I hope somebody can help with this:

- I have a Gigabyte GA8TX 1500 motherboard with 384 MB.
- Soundblaster onboard, latest drivers installed.
- 4MB Graphic card S3 virgo Pci
- 80 GB Hd

The problem is this: When the system plays music, it doesn't matter by which
program
(winamp, realplayer, wmp) or even during startup and the welcome tune from
windows (98SE) is played, then there is some patatoechip sounds hearing at
the background.

It stops when there is no screen activity. For example, when I use Winamp to
play
mp3's then the p-sounds are synchronous with the visualisation I use.
Stopping the visualisation
helps a lot but then, on a lower volume level, it syncs with the graphic
analyser display.

The music is 'mp3' perfect when I throw Winamp on the taskbar.....

Also with streaming Video the same problem accurs...

Familiar Problem? and Solution?

Please let me know, thanks in advance

G.

Justin Scott

GarField wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope somebody can help with this:
>
> - I have a Gigabyte GA8TX 1500 motherboard with 384 MB.
> - Soundblaster onboard, latest drivers installed.
> - 4MB Graphic card S3 virgo Pci
> - 80 GB Hd
>

> The problem is this: When the system plays music, it doesn't matter by which
> program
> (winamp, realplayer, wmp) or even during startup and the welcome tune from
> windows (98SE) is played, then there is some patatoechip sounds hearing at
> the background.
>
> It stops when there is no screen activity. For example, when I use Winamp to
> play
> mp3's then the p-sounds are synchronous with the visualisation I use.
> Stopping the visualisation
> helps a lot but then, on a lower volume level, it syncs with the graphic
> analyser display.
>
> The music is 'mp3' perfect when I throw Winamp on the taskbar.....
>
> Also with streaming Video the same problem accurs...
>
> Familiar Problem? and Solution?
>
> Please let me know, thanks in advance
>
> G.

It sounds like a possible IRQ conflict between your PCI video card and
the sound. Try moving the video card to a different slot (go through
each slot, turn on the computer, play music) and see if it helps. Also,
be sure the drivers are the latest, although with a Virge I doubt there
have been any updates in years. Your card may have a buggy PCI
implementation which is causing it to hog the PCI bus' bandwidth. Do you
have any other video card (any newer at all?) that you could switch to?

Garfield

Thanks for reacting,

I tried that all, but no result. I don't have another soundcard but I have
another version of windows (ME) and I saw on the GBwebsite that there is a
different Soundblaster driver package for this. So I hope this will solve
this sound problem....

I will have, offcourse, after that 'upgrade' a lot of new problems.
Maybe cu then....

G.

"Justin Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:Ammxe.4854$(E-Mail Removed)...
:
:
: GarField wrote:
: > Hi,
: >
[...]

: GarField wrote:
: > Hi,
: >
[...]

UK TIP layout during startup and US TIP layout during normal use stan Tablet PC 4 08-04-2005 12:15 AM
Patatoe Chips spikes GarField Gigabyte 3 06-28-2005 09:22 AM
Patatoe Chips noices GarField Gigabyte 0 06-26-2005 08:30 AM
Theatre 100 chip v Theatre 200 chip? wizzard ATI 4 05-25-2005 06:30 PM
Screen effects don't work during logon screen? N Williamson Apple 2 10-10-2003 11:19 AM