Patatoe Chips spikes

GarField

Hi,

I hope somebody can help with this:

- I have a Gigabyte GA8TX 1500 motherboard with 384 MB.
- Soundblaster onboard, latest drivers installed.
- 4MB Graphic card S3 virgo Pci
- 80 GB Hd

The problem is this: When the system plays music, it doesn't matter by which
program
(winamp, realplayer, wmp) or even during startup and the welcome tune from
windows (98SE) is played, then there is some patatoechip sounds hearing at
the background.

It stops when there is no screen activity. For example, when I use Winamp to
play
mp3's then the p-sounds are synchronous with the visualisation I use.
Stopping the visualisation
helps a lot but then, on a lower volume level, it syncs with the graphic
analyser display.

The music is 'mp3' perfect when I throw Winamp on the taskbar.....

Also with streaming Video the same problem accurs...

Familiar Problem? and Solution?

Please let me know, thanks in advance

G.

Travis Jordan

GarField wrote:
> then there is some patatoechip sounds
> hearing at the background.

What is a "patatoechip sound"?

GarField

If you don't know what that mean......keep it that way....it's not healthy!

Maybe when I say spikes on the signal?

"Travis Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
newsADve.241173$(E-Mail Removed) ...
: GarField wrote:
: > then there is some patatoechip sounds
: > hearing at the background.
:
: What is a "patatoechip sound"?
:
:

Mercury

Check your HDD controller / motherboard drivers are up to date.
Check the S3 card drivers.
Check the sound drivers.

Normally this issue occurs by the HDD controller, but then it correlates to
HDD activity.

There may be a PCI setting which is inadvertanly wrong. "PCI Latency Timer"
should normally have a setting of 32 - if it is not note its value, try 32
and see what happens.

"GarField" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dfc7c$42be6968$5038d817$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi,
>
> I hope somebody can help with this:
>
> - I have a Gigabyte GA8TX 1500 motherboard with 384 MB.
> - Soundblaster onboard, latest drivers installed.
> - 4MB Graphic card S3 virgo Pci
> - 80 GB Hd
>

> The problem is this: When the system plays music, it doesn't matter by
> which
> program
> (winamp, realplayer, wmp) or even during startup and the welcome tune from
> windows (98SE) is played, then there is some patatoechip sounds hearing at
> the background.
>
> It stops when there is no screen activity. For example, when I use Winamp
> play
> mp3's then the p-sounds are synchronous with the visualisation I use.
> Stopping the visualisation
> helps a lot but then, on a lower volume level, it syncs with the graphic
> analyser display.
>
> The music is 'mp3' perfect when I throw Winamp on the taskbar.....
>
> Also with streaming Video the same problem accurs...
>
> Familiar Problem? and Solution?
>
> Please let me know, thanks in advance
>
> G.

tempature spikes Andre LaFramboise Asus 1 08-27-2005 09:03 PM
Patatoe chip sounds during screen activity GarField Gigabyte 3 07-02-2005 04:03 PM
Patatoe Chips noices GarField Gigabyte 0 06-26-2005 08:30 AM
Problem with Dell 8200: Fan spikes CPU to 100% when using modem Argo Dell 9 05-14-2004 01:14 PM
Update 4PDA2+ and temp/volt spikes? Mavra Chang Epox 0 04-11-2004 12:27 AM