Pavilion 750n CD-writer does not show files just written to it

Phil

The 750n has a hp cd-writer drive and a dvd-rom drive. When I use the
Windows XP (SP1) explorer to write files to a CD-RW disk, explorer
completes writting and ejects the disk with no errors. However, when I
re-insert the disk into the cd-writer I do not see any of the files just
written by explorer. The free space for the disk is lower indicating
something is there. If I eject the CD-RW disk and put it into the
dvd-rom, the explore shows all of the files just written.

Is there some setting that is wrong? I know I used to see the previously
written files in explorer with the cd-writer.

phil