Pavilion ze5385US overheating and shutting down

Junior Member

Hi everyone,

I am new here - having just found tis website and forum.

I have a 5 1/2 year old refurbished ze5385 that I bought as new (refurbished new :-) ) and have just recently started having abrupt shutdowns. I have assumed, since the base was very warm, that it is because of overheating. On doing some searching around I am pretty sure now, that the problem is overheating due to dirty heat sink/fans etc.

I would be interested to know how many others have experienced the same problems and what were your successful fixes.

For a temporary fix, I bought a laptop cooling stand and it seems to be working just fine and hasn't shut down yet in about ten hours of contant use. I will attempt at cleaning the heatsink over the weekend and will post the results.

Anyone else have experiences to offer and share?

Thx

mariner