ALPI

where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
and how can i flash it.
When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one
bip, but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.

Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

metronid

A little information
You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?

You did use the correct bios?

Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.

Why are you booting off of a floppy now?

"ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
> and how can i flash it.
> When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one
> bip, but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.
>
> --
> Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

metronid

I believe that board has dsual bios feature
for mess ups
"metronid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>A little information
> You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
>
> You did use the correct bios?
>
> Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
> Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
>
> Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
>
> "ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
>> and how can i flash it.
>> When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one
>> bip, but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.
>>
>> --
>> Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
>> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

ALPI

metronid avait prétendu :
> A little information
> You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
>
> You did use the correct bios?
>
> Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
> Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
>
> Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
>
> "ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
>> and how can i flash it.
>> When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one bip,
>> but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.
>>
>> -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
>> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

Yes I think so. This is the version for the Houston from the site
Packard bell. After flash and the 5 beeps the system reboots without a
the floppy inserted. I could hear the floppy rattling.
I had the same problem after flashing a K7S5A mainboard from Elite.
With a ami bios as well. The only solution i found is to reflash the
board with an older bios. And it has been working.
I think the bios on the packard bell site are maybe not the good ones.
Therefore I'm searching for the original bios.
I have a second motherboard but it is faulty. As the bios chip is
solded on it I can use it to come back to my previous bios.

Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

metronid

Some gigabyte motherboards have a back up bios
When booting I think it is the delele key
Not the f2

They a couple of different Houston motherboards
3 3+ 4
Which one did you have
You used your seial number of course to locate the bios

There is also a jumper for recovery that uses basic info so the floppy
works.

You can also flash from a CDROM

You just need the OEM first version bios
It is not on the master cd if such exists

"ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> metronid avait prétendu :
>> A little information
>> You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
>>
>> You did use the correct bios?
>>
>> Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
>> Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
>>
>> Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
>>
>> "ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
>>> and how can i flash it.
>>> When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one
>>> bip, but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.
>>>
>>> -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
>>> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com
>>>

> Yes I think so. This is the version for the Houston from the site Packard
> bell. After flash and the 5 beeps the system reboots without a the floppy
> inserted. I could hear the floppy rattling.
> I had the same problem after flashing a K7S5A mainboard from Elite. With a
> ami bios as well. The only solution i found is to reflash the board with
> an older bios. And it has been working.
> I think the bios on the packard bell site are maybe not the good ones.
> Therefore I'm searching for the original bios.
> I have a second motherboard but it is faulty. As the bios chip is solded
> on it I can use it to come back to my previous bios.
>
> --
> Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

ALPI

metronid a écrit :
> Some gigabyte motherboards have a back up bios
> When booting I think it is the delele key
> Not the f2
>
> They a couple of different Houston motherboards
> 3 3+ 4
> Which one did you have
> You used your seial number of course to locate the bios
>

> There is also a jumper for recovery that uses basic info so the floppy works.
>
> You can also flash from a CDROM
>
> You just need the OEM first version bios
> It is not on the master cd if such exists
>

> "ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> metronid avait prétendu :
>>> A little information
>>> You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
>>>
>>> You did use the correct bios?
>>>
>>> Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
>>> Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
>>>
>>> Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
>>>
>>> "ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Yes I think so. This is the version for the Houston from the site Packard
>> bell. After flash and the 5 beeps the system reboots without a the floppy
>> inserted. I could hear the floppy rattling.
>> I had the same problem after flashing a K7S5A mainboard from Elite. With a
>> ami bios as well. The only solution i found is to reflash the board with an
>> older bios. And it has been working.
>> I think the bios on the packard bell site are maybe not the good ones.
>> Therefore I'm searching for the original bios.
>> I have a second motherboard but it is faulty. As the bios chip is solded on
>> it I can use it to come back to my previous bios.
>>
>> -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
>> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

I found on a site the different lay-out of the motherboard.
I've the houston 3+R and not the 3+. I think the problem is there.

I have noted I've the same in my attick so I will try to copy the bios
from it, save it to bootrom.ami or so and try to flash my first one.

I was wrong when I said that I've another unservicable (this one was a
P4 based mobo from GA)

Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

ALPI

Dans son message précédent, metronid a écrit :
> Some gigabyte motherboards have a back up bios
> When booting I think it is the delele key
> Not the f2
>
> They a couple of different Houston motherboards
> 3 3+ 4
> Which one did you have
> You used your seial number of course to locate the bios
>

> There is also a jumper for recovery that uses basic info so the floppy works.
>
> You can also flash from a CDROM
>
> You just need the OEM first version bios
> It is not on the master cd if such exists
>

> "ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> metronid avait prétendu :
>>> A little information
>>> You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
>>>
>>> You did use the correct bios?
>>>
>>> Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
>>> Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
>>>
>>> Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
>>>
>>> "ALPI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Yes I think so. This is the version for the Houston from the site Packard
>> bell. After flash and the 5 beeps the system reboots without a the floppy
>> inserted. I could hear the floppy rattling.
>> I had the same problem after flashing a K7S5A mainboard from Elite. With a
>> ami bios as well. The only solution i found is to reflash the board with an
>> older bios. And it has been working.
>> I think the bios on the packard bell site are maybe not the good ones.
>> Therefore I'm searching for the original bios.
>> I have a second motherboard but it is faulty. As the bios chip is solded on
>> it I can use it to come back to my previous bios.
>>
>> -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
>> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

Thank you for your help.
I have succeeded to get the content of the bios from a second mobo with
the amiflash /Samiboot. I renamed it to amiboot.rom and copied it on a
floppy then I inserted it into my rattling workstation. It has been
working and bringing the bios to the version 2.0G. I downloaded the
latest biosversion 2.0Q and intall it : no problem at all.
Version 2.0G recognize the celeron as a pentium 3 while the version Q
as a celeron.

Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

metronid

You have proved one thing
A bad flash is recoverable

This is true very often
I have purchased bad flashed boards at a discount many times
It is easier of course when the flash chip is removable

back to ebay

Asus Fan Club??? Joe101 Asus 11 05-16-2005 01:03 PM
Athlon XP-M 2600+ and Athlon XP 2600+ Doug AMD Overclocking 1 08-20-2004 01:09 PM
2600+ vs. 2600+ 333 starwars AMD Overclocking 1 12-13-2003 02:51 PM
Advice needed XP 2600+ TBred vs/or 2600+ Barton] Gordon Scott Asus 5 12-03-2003 03:20 PM
Re: Athlon XP 2600+ or 2600+ 333? Michael Smith Abit 1 10-28-2003 06:27 PM