PB Monitor resolution prob

John

Hi sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup,

I gave my dad my old computer a couple months ago to replace his old Packard
Bell one. I kept my monitor though, meaning that my dad was left with his
packard bell 1015. My problem is that though the montior manual says the
maximum resolution is 1024x768, I can only acheive 800x600. I have searched
all over the internet for a solution, trying different drivers etc but
nothing seems to work. Any1 know a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help

Scott

Elector

news:crjur7$cdb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup,
>
> I gave my dad my old computer a couple months ago to replace his old
> Packard
> Bell one. I kept my monitor though, meaning that my dad was left
> with his
> packard bell 1015. My problem is that though the montior manual
> says the
> maximum resolution is 1024x768, I can only acheive 800x600. I have
> searched
> all over the internet for a solution, trying different drivers etc
> but
> nothing seems to work. Any1 know a solution?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> Scott

Scott the resolution or refresh rate of the monitor is dependent on
the "Video Card" if you have a on board video you would have to look
for an updated driver to achieve that size and resolution. Also if you
have a PCI Video card it will also need newer drivers and they can be
obtained via the manufacturer's web site. (ATI-Cirrus Logic-NVIDIA
etc)

I hope that helped?

Elector

dell c810 power mgmt prob - batt to ac prob Felicia Sutherland Dell 0 05-24-2008 07:34 PM
Graphic Card Resolution vs. Monitor Resolution Reader Nvidia 6 10-25-2007 04:02 AM
Audio prob? AIW prob? pickle ATI 4 11-02-2004 04:43 PM
Hercules AIW 9000 Pro 64 - Monitor resolution and software resolution don't match tremend0us ATI 3 03-05-2004 04:39 PM
How to force resolution (make 9700 keep its resolution at startup) Thomas Gunnarsrud ATI 2 09-13-2003 06:39 AM