Ivor Lott

I have a 2020 Platinum system,just over 6 yrs old and the Monitor, a 7480
TCO 95 loses its colour definition every few days,when it has been
unattended for several hours.
This is temporarily restored by de-gaussing.
Is this a good excuse to assume that the CRT is life expired and to
replace the monitor with a new one?
Anyone recognize this phenomenon?