PB910 onboard video

Cork

I've probably asked this before, but never did anything about it. I finally
came across an nvidia GeForce MX4000 128MB pci video card that I am trying
to get to work in a PB 910. First problem is how do I disable on board
video. Disabling it in system properties isn't doing anything. Does disable
it, but then just VGA graphics. Don't see anything in particular in BIOS
under integrated peripheals allowing me to change it. Get a cannot start
code 10 error when looking at the nvideo properties. This old box has XP Pro
on also. (Believe it or not!!) I've done quit a bit of searching for various
things, but nothing seems to be working. Finding PB specific advice is kind
of tricky. The one website, which we all know,
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/9725/, was down a few minutes
ago for excessive bandwidth!! Back up right now. Will cruise that. Any help
is really appreciated.

Cork

I guess I should've said is this possible to begin with? LOL

"Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u3lqe.212$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've probably asked this before, but never did anything about it. I
> finally came across an nvidia GeForce MX4000 128MB pci video card that I
> am trying to get to work in a PB 910. First problem is how do I disable on
> board video. Disabling it in system properties isn't doing anything. Does
> disable it, but then just VGA graphics. Don't see anything in particular
> in BIOS under integrated peripheals allowing me to change it. Get a cannot
> start code 10 error when looking at the nvideo properties. This old box
> has XP Pro on also. (Believe it or not!!) I've done quit a bit of
> searching for various things, but nothing seems to be working. Finding PB
> specific advice is kind of tricky. The one website, which we all know,
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/9725/, was down a few minutes
> ago for excessive bandwidth!! Back up right now. Will cruise that. Any
> help is really appreciated.

Cork

Nobody has anything? C'mon Ben or Elector. Thought you guys would have
something. LOL

"Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iBoqe.17678$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I guess I should've said is this possible to begin with? LOL
>
> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u3lqe.212$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've probably asked this before, but never did anything about it. I
>> finally came across an nvidia GeForce MX4000 128MB pci video card that I
>> am trying to get to work in a PB 910. First problem is how do I disable
>> on board video. Disabling it in system properties isn't doing anything.
>> Does disable it, but then just VGA graphics. Don't see anything in
>> particular in BIOS under integrated peripheals allowing me to change it.
>> Get a cannot start code 10 error when looking at the nvideo properties.
>> This old box has XP Pro on also. (Believe it or not!!) I've done quit a
>> bit of searching for various things, but nothing seems to be working.
>> Finding PB specific advice is kind of tricky. The one website, which we
>> all know, http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/9725/, was down a
>> few minutes ago for excessive bandwidth!! Back up right now. Will cruise
>> that. Any help is really appreciated.

metronid

Let me know the resources each device is using
The one that is disabled also

"Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OEUqe.1348$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nobody has anything? C'mon Ben or Elector. Thought you guys would have
> something. LOL
>
> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:iBoqe.17678$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I guess I should've said is this possible to begin with? LOL
>>
>> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:u3lqe.212$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've probably asked this before, but never did anything about it. I
>>> finally came across an nvidia GeForce MX4000 128MB pci video card that I
>>> am trying to get to work in a PB 910. First problem is how do I disable
>>> on board video. Disabling it in system properties isn't doing anything.
>>> Does disable it, but then just VGA graphics. Don't see anything in
>>> particular in BIOS under integrated peripheals allowing me to change it.
>>> Get a cannot start code 10 error when looking at the nvideo properties.
>>> This old box has XP Pro on also. (Believe it or not!!) I've done quit a
>>> bit of searching for various things, but nothing seems to be working.
>>> Finding PB specific advice is kind of tricky. The one website, which we
>>> all know, http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/9725/, was down a
>>> few minutes ago for excessive bandwidth!! Back up right now. Will cruise
>>> that. Any help is really appreciated.

RRR_News

Cork,
Here is a site about PBell Motherboards, I did not see anything saying
PB910, but saw PB930/950 or PB911 motherboards.
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/pbmb.htm

You can try disabling the onboard, by changing the jumper on the board. Now
for my PB MM955 using a PB850 motherboard. Even if I disabled the onboard
video with the VGA jumper changed, and with a 64mb PCI PNY Nvidia Video card
installed. I could not use PB Restore CD, as it was intended to be used.
Cause it could not find the onboard video during the installation. I needed
to find a way to install the OS and drivers manually.

Have you tried upgrading the video drivers for the card, in SAFE Mode, based
on the XP OS from www.nvidia.com ? Since it is an old motherboard, it might
not be compatible with XP, you may need to downgrade to W98SE for that PC.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"metronid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Let me know the resources each device is using
The one that is disabled also

"Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OEUqe.1348$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nobody has anything? C'mon Ben or Elector. Thought you guys would have
> something. LOL
>
> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:iBoqe.17678$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I guess I should've said is this possible to begin with? LOL
>>
>> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:u3lqe.212$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've probably asked this before, but never did anything about it. I
>>> finally came across an nvidia GeForce MX4000 128MB pci video card that I
>>> am trying to get to work in a PB 910. First problem is how do I disable
>>> on board video. Disabling it in system properties isn't doing anything.
>>> Does disable it, but then just VGA graphics. Don't see anything in
>>> particular in BIOS under integrated peripheals allowing me to change it.
>>> Get a cannot start code 10 error when looking at the nvideo properties.
>>> This old box has XP Pro on also. (Believe it or not!!) I've done quit a
>>> bit of searching for various things, but nothing seems to be working.
>>> Finding PB specific advice is kind of tricky. The one website, which we
>>> all know, http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/9725/, was down a
>>> few minutes ago for excessive bandwidth!! Back up right now. Will cruise
>>> that. Any help is really appreciated.

Cork

Well, I had a friend of mine helping me out on this today. Just doesn't seem
to be anything I can do. Also finally looked at what power supply this
system has last time I had the cover off. Not sure if I'm reading the right
line but, says it's only either a 70 or 90 watts. The card recommends 200
watts, I think it was!

"RRR_News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cork,
> Here is a site about PBell Motherboards, I did not see anything saying
> PB910, but saw PB930/950 or PB911 motherboards.
> http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/pbmb.htm
>
> You can try disabling the onboard, by changing the jumper on the board.
> Now
> for my PB MM955 using a PB850 motherboard. Even if I disabled the onboard
> video with the VGA jumper changed, and with a 64mb PCI PNY Nvidia Video
> card
> installed. I could not use PB Restore CD, as it was intended to be used.
> Cause it could not find the onboard video during the installation. I
> needed
> to find a way to install the OS and drivers manually.
>
> Have you tried upgrading the video drivers for the card, in SAFE Mode,
> based
> on the XP OS from www.nvidia.com ? Since it is an old motherboard, it
> might
> not be compatible with XP, you may need to downgrade to W98SE for that PC.
>
> --
>
> Rich/rerat
>
> (RRR News) <message rule>
> <<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate>>
>

> "metronid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Let me know the resources each device is using
> The one that is disabled also
>

> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OEUqe.1348$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Nobody has anything? C'mon Ben or Elector. Thought you guys would have
>> something. LOL
>>
>> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:iBoqe.17678$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I guess I should've said is this possible to begin with? LOL
>>>
>>> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:u3lqe.212$(E-Mail Removed)...

RRR_News

Cork,
Make sure, if you decide to upgrade the power supply, consider one that is
at least 300Watts. Also make sure that is a good quality one. Some store
branded/generic ones don't last long. I had a problem with the CompUSA store
branded/generic units, went through two (2) from them. OEM PBell that I have
came with a 90W unit.

--

Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T57re.10792$(E-Mail Removed)...
Well, I had a friend of mine helping me out on this today. Just doesn't seem
to be anything I can do. Also finally looked at what power supply this
system has last time I had the cover off. Not sure if I'm reading the right
line but, says it's only either a 70 or 90 watts. The card recommends 200
watts, I think it was!

Cork

Don't know if I already said this in prior post, but it's come up twice now.
Get stop message saying windows had shut down to protect system files, or
something like that. Bad pool caller is the fault.

Do you think this old system could handle a power supply like that! LOL

Will have to look some up for an idea on a price and stuff to see if it's
even worth it. Otherwise, I have a memory upgrade coming from Crucial that I
am doing on another system of mine. Should be here tomorrow. Will just add
this video card and the memory to other machine at same time.

"RRR_News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cork,
> Make sure, if you decide to upgrade the power supply, consider one that is
> at least 300Watts. Also make sure that is a good quality one. Some store
> branded/generic ones don't last long. I had a problem with the CompUSA
> store
> branded/generic units, went through two (2) from them. OEM PBell that I
> have
> came with a 90W unit.
>
> --
>
> Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
> Rich/rerat
>
> (RRR News) <message rule>
> <<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate>>
>

> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:T57re.10792$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I had a friend of mine helping me out on this today. Just doesn't
> seem
> to be anything I can do. Also finally looked at what power supply this
> system has last time I had the cover off. Not sure if I'm reading the
> right
> line but, says it's only either a 70 or 90 watts. The card recommends 200
> watts, I think it was!

Cork

I'm working at trying to get this together!!

"metronid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Let me know the resources each device is using
> The one that is disabled also
>

> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OEUqe.1348$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Nobody has anything? C'mon Ben or Elector. Thought you guys would have
>> something. LOL
>>
>> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:iBoqe.17678$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I guess I should've said is this possible to begin with? LOL
>>>
>>> "Cork" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:u3lqe.212$(E-Mail Removed)...

metronid

error code 10 and bad pool caller are all
device conflicts
you did check the resources each device was using
news:MBrre.11000$(E-Mail Removed)...