PB911 Front Panel Connections

Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that has
this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready 9935
computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a OEM
board and the connector header has been redesigned.

Thanks.

Elector

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nnamc.6267$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
> mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

has
> this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready 9935
> computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a OEM
> board and the connector header has been redesigned.
>
> Thanks.

I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web site
http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
http://www.google.com

Elector

"Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yGamc.26363$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:nnamc.6267$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> > Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
> > mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

> has
> > this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready

9935
> > computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a

OEM
> > board and the connector header has been redesigned.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
> Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web

site
> http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
> http://www.google.com
>
> Elector

Hi Elector. How you doing? Thanks for the links. I had been to google and
looked at the first 18-20 pages of hits. No dice. The NEC website is no
help. It looks like they have turned over the documents for these older
systems to priorityone and they want the $69.95 to join before you can
access these documents. Since NEC bought Packard Bell I was thinking maybe
someone on here still had one of these and could give me the diagram of the
connectors or send me a pdf file of the manual.

I could probably use my multimeter and find the pwr switch but there is the
possibility of shorting out the board if the connector is oriented the wrong
way.

I guess it might pay me to be patient and wait a while and see what turns
up. I might accidently find this info or the manual.

Regards.

"Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yGamc.26363$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:nnamc.6267$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> > Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
> > mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

> has
> > this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready

9935
> > computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a

OEM
> > board and the connector header has been redesigned.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
> Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web

site
> http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
> http://www.google.com
>
> Elector

Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also found a
link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the pinout for
the front panel connectors. :-(

Elector

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NHhmc.6668$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
<snip>
> Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also

found a
> link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the

pinout for
> the front panel connectors. :-(

Hello my friend, your in luck I have the system specs for that PB911
at my Yahoo Groups Site with pin assignments here:

These files are from my good friend Velix who like Ray had a great PB
Help site.

Hope that helped?

Elector

Elector

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u1hmc.6591$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
<snip>
> Hi Elector. How you doing? Thanks for the links. I had been to

google and
> looked at the first 18-20 pages of hits. No dice. The NEC website is

no
> help. It looks like they have turned over the documents for these

older
> systems to priorityone and they want the $69.95 to join before you

can
> access these documents. Since NEC bought Packard Bell I was thinking

maybe
> someone on here still had one of these and could give me the diagram

of the
> connectors or send me a pdf file of the manual.
>
> I could probably use my multimeter and find the pwr switch but there

is the
> possibility of shorting out the board if the connector is oriented

the wrong
> way.
>
> I guess it might pay me to be patient and wait a while and see what

turns
> up. I might accidently find this info or the manual.
>
> Regards.

Doing fine my friend. I noticed you at the HP group helping out Ben,
At the next reply you will see that I have the files you need and have
placed them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialpackardbellusers/
in the file section under PB 911.

I believe you have already joined both my help sites, you can also
join under a bogus name if you so desire since the groups I maintain
do not send foolish alerts or unwanted information. Nor do we post for
the sake of posting. That is why our groups are so successful.

Elector

"Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:koomc.160445$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NHhmc.6668$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> <snip>
> > Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also

> found a
> > link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the

> pinout for
> > the front panel connectors. :-(

> Hello my friend, your in luck I have the system specs for that PB911
> at my Yahoo Groups Site with pin assignments here:
>
> These files are from my good friend Velix who like Ray had a great PB
> Help site.
>
> Hope that helped?
>
> Elector

Elector, Many Thanks.

"Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:csomc.160446$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u1hmc.6591$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> <snip>
> > Hi Elector. How you doing? Thanks for the links. I had been to

> google and
> > looked at the first 18-20 pages of hits. No dice. The NEC website is

> no
> > help. It looks like they have turned over the documents for these

> older
> > systems to priorityone and they want the $69.95 to join before you

> can
> > access these documents. Since NEC bought Packard Bell I was thinking

> maybe
> > someone on here still had one of these and could give me the diagram

> of the
> > connectors or send me a pdf file of the manual.
> >
> > I could probably use my multimeter and find the pwr switch but there

> is the
> > possibility of shorting out the board if the connector is oriented

> the wrong
> > way.
> >
> > I guess it might pay me to be patient and wait a while and see what

> turns
> > up. I might accidently find this info or the manual.
> >
> > Regards.

> Doing fine my friend. I noticed you at the HP group helping out Ben,
> At the next reply you will see that I have the files you need and have
> placed them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialpackardbellusers/
> in the file section under PB 911.
>
> I believe you have already joined both my help sites, you can also
> join under a bogus name if you so desire since the groups I maintain
> do not send foolish alerts or unwanted information. Nor do we post for
> the sake of posting. That is why our groups are so successful.
>
> Elector

I guess you caught me Elector. I usually just go and read the posts but once
in a while someone asks about something that I know a little about. Most of
the time I don't answer since Ben usually responds with the "good stuff".
It's a good way for me learn some things and maybe solve some of my own
problems.

Regards. BR549