PC-DL-Deluxe LEDs

nobody@nowhere.com

I am doing a new build with a PC-DL-Deluxe. I maybe behind the times
but why is the hard drive LED setup in the middle of the Speaker pins
on the System Panel Connector ? And what's a Message LED for ?
thanks

rstlne

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am doing a new build with a PC-DL-Deluxe. I maybe behind the times
> but why is the hard drive LED setup in the middle of the Speaker pins
> on the System Panel Connector ? And what's a Message LED for ?
> thanks

Since your behind times..
I'll point you to something else new that will help with this..
There is this Book that's White with a GreenStripe down the side (Called a
User Guide)..
It has all of the information that you will require

KB

What's a PC-DL-Deluxe?
---------------------------------------
"rstlne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_yD%b.2143$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am doing a new build with a PC-DL-Deluxe. I maybe behind the times
> > but why is the hard drive LED setup in the middle of the Speaker pins
> > on the System Panel Connector ? And what's a Message LED for ?
> > thanks

> Since your behind times..
> I'll point you to something else new that will help with this..
> There is this Book that's White with a GreenStripe down the side (Called a
> User Guide)..
> It has all of the information that you will require

KB

The user guide for that board does not have a green stripe..............

"rstlne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_yD%b.2143$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am doing a new build with a PC-DL-Deluxe. I maybe behind the times
> > but why is the hard drive LED setup in the middle of the Speaker pins
> > on the System Panel Connector ? And what's a Message LED for ?
> > thanks

> Since your behind times..
> I'll point you to something else new that will help with this..
> There is this Book that's White with a GreenStripe down the side (Called a
> User Guide)..
> It has all of the information that you will require

Leythos

In article <OID%b.12209$(E-Mail Removed)9.net>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> What's a PC-DL-Deluxe?

It's a Dual P4/Xeon motherboard that uses non-ecc ram and screams like
no other motherboard has in the past (single CPU).

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

rstlne

> The user guide for that board does not have a green stripe..............

Lol..
DAMN
I thought that was an asus standard

KB

Nope........
seems not.
"rstlne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ieL%b.2168$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The user guide for that board does not have a green stripe..............
> >

> Lol..
> DAMN
> I thought that was an asus standard

nobody@nowhere.com

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:51:18 -0000, "rstlne" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I am doing a new build with a PC-DL-Deluxe. I maybe behind the times
>> but why is the hard drive LED setup in the middle of the Speaker pins
>> on the System Panel Connector ? And what's a Message LED for ?
>> thanks

By behind the times I meant I am mostly use to rack mount and or PRO
cases, rather then cheap consumer grade cases.

I have read the manual, I have read the latest pdf manual and yet the
only mention of of the Message LED is where to plug it in. As to the
HD LED being in the middle of the speaker plug in I haven't come
across this yet and wondered if this had something to do a all in one
LED block or some other consumer level "convenience"

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:32:39 GMT, Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <OID%b.12209$(E-Mail Removed)9.net>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>> What's a PC-DL-Deluxe?

>It's a Dual P4/Xeon motherboard that uses non-ecc ram and screams like
>no other motherboard has in the past (single CPU).

The PC-DL Deluxe is a entry level Xeon Workstation board. The most
significant thing about it is that it will install in a standard ATX
case, however, it still requires a special Xeon power supply.

There is no P4 Xeon. There is Xeon, and there is P4. The board uses
either ECC or Non ECC. However, anything 1GB or above should probably
be ECC as large amounts of RAM tend to be error prone.

>--

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> However, anything 1GB or above should probably
> be ECC as large amounts of RAM tend to be error prone.

Actually, the RAM will have errors if it's going to, it has nothing to
do with the size of the RAM.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)