pc starting fun

Junior Member

My IBM Intellistaion Z Pro 6865 doesnt start up. The problem being that it is stuck in "power on quick test" mode. While trying to un install a graphics card, ( not the main dislay), the system had been powered down using a "force overide" (holding the power button). So the system trys to startup in quicktest but cant. It stays quicktest untill I "force overide" to turn it off. I think it is tryin use two different hardware configurations at the same time.

What should I do to fix this?

Junior Member
Location: UK

Clear the CMOS, by jumper moving, or battery removal. This will reset BIOS to original factory settings.

Junior Member

I tried that. I'm fairly sure the bios chip has "croked". I tried it with baisic hardware, using a known good PSU. Its kinda of weird though that the chip is dead.

Last edited by pcmatt; 12-12-2006 at 10:56 PM..