pc starts in an annoying way

Alien

Hi ! Pc - Techie's ,..
i have a pc Amd 2500+ with 1stick of 256 DDR ,with asus A78V-MX mother
board i have been using and p4 powersupply for it whenever i turn on
the computer the computer turns on and then within 5 sec. it turns off
and again the pc get on in next 3sec then i runs normally i tried
changing the powersupply, but the problem dosent seems to go. the
changed powersupply is also p4 supported one. can any one help down
where exactly is the problem.

willah

The pentium 4 power supply simply means that it has a 4 pin square
molex connector that provides power for the increased power demands of
the P4. This problem could be with a weird power switch though. Toggle
and even some push swithces on cases I've seen have to be pushed or
flipped twice as the PC sees it as pushed in for 5 seconds so it shuts
off (as its told to in the BIOS). Other than that I have no idea. Try
swiching in some new ram or booting the board with only the bare
minimum of components plugged in (1 stick of ram, vidcard, HDD, CD,
proc and nothing else, no secondary HDDs, no CD/RWs, no NICs etc.
etc.) then if the board boots with no trouble plug things back in one
at a time until it screws up.