PCI LVDS cards

Larry Martell

Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
point connection at 33Mbps. Other then LVDS what comm protocal
supports these speeds? (I know USB does, but I have not found
a USB host<-->host bridge that supports those speeds.)

Thanks!
-larry

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

In comp.arch.embedded Larry Martell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
> a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
> point connection at 33Mbps.

What's ruling out plain old 100baseT Ethernet?

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker ((E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de)

Rene Tschaggelar

Larry Martell wrote:

> Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
> a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
> point connection at 33Mbps. Other then LVDS what comm protocal
> supports these speeds? (I know USB does, but I have not found
> a USB host<-->host bridge that supports those speeds.)

This is a suboptimal idea as the common mode of LVDS is
extremely small. Go for a 100MBit LAN.

Rene

natkelcri@yahoo.com

Rene Tschaggelar wrote:
> Larry Martell wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
> > a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
> > point connection at 33Mbps. Other then LVDS what comm protocal
> > supports these speeds? (I know USB does, but I have not found
> > a USB host<-->host bridge that supports those speeds.)

> This is a suboptimal idea as the common mode of LVDS is
> extremely small.

What does this mean? What is the "common mode of LVDS"?

> Go for a 100MBit LAN.

If I could I would. The customer is fixated on LVDS for some
reason. I did find a LVDS PCI card - it's the CDa card from EDT:

http://www.edt.com/pcicda.html
Does anyone have any experience with this card?

-larry

TC

"Rene Tschaggelar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41ef80e5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Larry Martell wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
>> a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
>> point connection at 33Mbps. Other then LVDS what comm protocal
>> supports these speeds? (I know USB does, but I have not found
>> a USB host<-->host bridge that supports those speeds.)

> This is a suboptimal idea as the common mode of LVDS is
> extremely small. Go for a 100MBit LAN.
>
> Rene
> --
> Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com
> & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net

Check out http://www.stargen.com and look at StarFabric products.

TC

18 bit LVDS panel to 24 bit LVDS card adapter drkidd22 Embedded 2 06-10-2011 02:23 PM
LVDS Compatibility Fabio Embedded 1 11-18-2005 10:59 AM
LVDS question jaykwon72@gmail.com Embedded 1 03-26-2005 10:51 PM
PCI LVDS cards Larry Martell Embedded 15 01-27-2005 02:40 AM
LVDS receiver PCI solution for data logging? Sean Embedded 2 07-08-2003 05:04 AM