PCI Simple Communication Controller on Biostar M7VKQ

spamgoeshere4@yahoo.com

I've been trying to get my LaserJet 1100A working and now when I reboot
the computer it tells me it is finding new hardware, namely the "PCI
Simple Communication Controller". Previously this item showed up in
the device manager with the big yellow ? beside it along with a
parallel device which just appeared while I was messing with the LJ1100
drivers. So I tried deleting both of these problem devices.

Now when I boot, it detects new hardware, the "PCI Simple Communication
Controller" and I can't find a driver to go with it. I have no idea
what piece of hardware it is referring to and I see by web searches I
am not the only one with this problem. But no good info on how to fix
the issue.

What is this and where do I find a driver?

spamgoeshere4@yahoo.com

In case anyone is interested, I figured it out. After a lot more
searching on the web, I realized that this device is the ARM modem card
in my computer. That was the one device that was missing from the
device manager. It took another hour or more of searching to find the
right drivers, but once I installed that the device shows as a modem
and works.

The original problem I had was an HP Laser Jet 1100A printer that was
not fully working. It worked ok as a printer, but the scanner did not
work. Seems I thought I had this fully working on this PC, but had
actually always had it on my other PC. The problem turned out to be
the BIOS parallel port configuration which was set to standard and
needed to be ECP which was not mentioned *ANYWHERE* in the printer
installation. Sometimes HP just sucks!!!