PCI Simple Communications Controller

Junior Member

I have an old AMD socket A system (Win XP AMD +2800), and my AOpen motherboard died so I slapped an ASUS A7N8X that I had laying around into the system, and I can get every driver but the PCI Simple Communications Controller driver to load. I tried manual and auto loading the drivers using the CD that came with the motherboard, and I also downloaded the latest A7N8X drivers from the ASUS site, but still no joy.

I Googled the problem and there were a bunch of other folks from years ago that had the same problem, but nobody seemed to have found a solution... does anyone have any ideas on how to get the PCI driver to load?