PCIe WiFi Card Recommendation

Boris

(My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. I meant to
come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)

I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.

Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? Sounds like driver install may be
a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
otherwise looks good.

Or, ASUS

Thanks

RnR

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 02:02:19 +0000 (UTC), Boris
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. I meant to
>come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)
>
>I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.
>
>Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? Sounds like driver install may be
>a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
>otherwise looks good.
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833166063
>

>Or, ASUS
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833320071
>
>Thanks

I never had either but if it were me, I'd go with the first one
because many bought it and it had good newegg reviews.

I don't know if they ship a cd with the Rosewell drivers but if not,
download and install the drivers from the Rosewill website prior to
installing the card. Then reboot and let windows detect the device.
Sometimes you may, during the install, have to fill in where the
drivers folder is located.

Bob_Villa

On Oct 18, 9:02*pm, Boris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. *I meantto
> come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)
>
> I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.
>
> Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? *Sounds like driver install may be
> a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
> otherwise looks good.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833166063
>
> Or, ASUShttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320071
>
> Thanks

I would go with Asus...I find (and have mentioned this before)
Rosewill puts there name on generic items and it turns out to be a
crap-shoot!

lgreenwood@srt.com

On Oct 18, 8:02*pm, Boris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. *I meantto
> come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)
>
> I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.
>
> Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? *Sounds like driver install may be
> a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
> otherwise looks good.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833166063
>
> Or, ASUShttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320071
>
> Thank

The ratings for that adapter are somewhat mixed.

You might want to checkout this one:

It is a usb adapter and the ratings are consistently higher. I bought
one and really like it and bought another one for backup.

Tom Lake

"Boris" wrote in message
news:Xns9F82C1AF29A7Enospamnospaminvalid@46.4.102. 18...

(My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. I meant to
come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)

I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.

Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? Sounds like driver install may be
a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
otherwise looks good.

I have a Rosewill card and installed the Rosewill driver alone without
the other crap on the CD. Windows controls it and it's a fairly solid, well-
performing card.

Tom L

Boris

Boris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns9F82C1AF29A7Enospamnospaminvalid@46.4.102. 18:

> (My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. I
> meant to come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)
>
> I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.
>
> Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? Sounds like driver install
> may be a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network
> card, but otherwise looks good.
>

> Or, ASUS
>
> Thanks

Thank you all for your recommendations. However, I decided to locate my
8100 in the same room as my wifi router (D-Lnk 524), and connected the
two via ethernet. I can now get on the internet, and print to my
wireless capable Brother HL 2270 DW laser printer.

PCIe and PCIe 2.0 Mirey86 Motherboards 3 07-15-2008 05:09 PM
x800 pcie x850 pcie jb ATI 1 03-26-2006 07:31 PM
Warranty proposal: replace PCIe 6600GT with a PCIe 6800. YES or NO? Pascal Lemberge Nvidia 8 11-05-2005 08:07 PM
GA-8I945P Dual Graphic: PCIe x4 in 2nd PCIe x16? Nick Gigabyte 0 06-20-2005 07:30 AM
6600gt PCIe or X700Pro PCIe? Rockin Ronnie Nvidia 1 11-24-2004 08:33 PM