Pen Doesn't work

Pa Choo

I have a Toshiba Protege M200 tablet with WinXP. I have been using it as a
laptop for a while. I decided to install SP2. Since then when I switch it to
tablet mode, it doesn't take any input from the pen. I also notice that the
control panel doesn't have the tablet setting any more. I see in one of the
posting that I need tabletpc.cpl file. Do you think that will solve the
problem? And where do I get that?

Please advice.
Thanks
-P

Chris H.

What "SP2" did you install? You should probably already have had Windows XP
Pro SP2 and the Tablet PC Edition 2005 on the machine. Could you explain a
bit about where you obtained the "SP2" and why you installed it? You may be
able to use a Restore Point in System Restore to revert to before you
"updated."
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Pa Choo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Toshiba Protege M200 tablet with WinXP. I have been using it as a
> laptop for a while. I decided to install SP2. Since then when I switch it
> tablet mode, it doesn't take any input from the pen. I also notice that
> the
> control panel doesn't have the tablet setting any more. I see in one of
> the
> posting that I need tabletpc.cpl file. Do you think that will solve the
> problem? And where do I get that?
>
> Please advice.
> Thanks
> -P

Pa Choo

I was trying to install .Net and VS .net and kept getting many installation
issues. I was told by someone to reinstall XP SP2, I am reasonably sure I
went to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx and installed SP2
(potentially again if I already had SP2 before). As I said, I was not using
it in a tablet mode for a while. So, I cannot say that I lost my "tablet and
Pen settings" control panel during this SP2 install.

"Chris H." wrote:

> What "SP2" did you install? You should probably already have had Windows XP
> Pro SP2 and the Tablet PC Edition 2005 on the machine. Could you explain a
> bit about where you obtained the "SP2" and why you installed it? You may be
> able to use a Restore Point in System Restore to revert to before you
> "updated."
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Pa Choo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a Toshiba Protege M200 tablet with WinXP. I have been using it as a
> > laptop for a while. I decided to install SP2. Since then when I switch it
> > tablet mode, it doesn't take any input from the pen. I also notice that
> > the
> > control panel doesn't have the tablet setting any more. I see in one of
> > the
> > posting that I need tabletpc.cpl file. Do you think that will solve the
> > problem? And where do I get that?
> >
> > Please advice.
> > Thanks
> > -P

Pa Choo

I've reinstalled SP2 couple of times, I don't see "tablet and pen settings"
in my control panel. Any thoughts?