Pen Drive Evaluation and Comments

Randy

I just bought a pen drive and thought I would let others know what I
thought about it.

The pen drive I got is about the size of a small pack of gum. These
devices are best used with Windows XP systems where the USB port is in
the front. The pen drive I bought also comes with a cable that can be
plugged into the back of a PC. When I plugged it into my XP computer
it picked up the drive with no problem and transferred files just like
a floppy but faster. When you buy a pen drive you need to make sure
it is compatible with
Windows 98 as most computers in my area have not been upgraded to XP
yet. So if you want to transfer files from 98 you have to make sure
you can get 98 drivers from the manufacturer. In the stores where I
was shopping there was only one brand that had the 98 drivers
included. The drivers were on a small cd. When I went to work and
loaded the drivers on my 98 pc at work everything worked fine no
problem. When I tested the drive at work that ran Norton Corporate
Antivirus it stalled the PC and would not perform the scan. I scanned
the pen drive at home with no problem using Norton 2003 with all the
latest updates.

Pen drives come in various memory sizes such as 32, 64, 128, 256, 512,
and higher. Cost increase tramatically over 128mb. I got the 256mb.

I think the pen drives are the new devices that will make transferring
data from pc to pc much easier and convenient especially where you
want to transport pictures or large files. I have not been able to
find any reviews of different brands so it would be nice if someone
would do some comparisons of brands with the negatives and positives.

These devices seem to be great for transferring files.