Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Pictures of bad capacitors

 
 
George Orwell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Here are links to pictures of the 2 bad capacitors on my Intel D865PERL
motherboard:

http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg

Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
https://www.mixmaster.it

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
cew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2008, 10:53 PM
George Orwell wrote:
> Here are links to pictures of the 2 bad capacitors on my Intel D865PERL
> motherboard:
>
> http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
> http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg
>
> Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
> non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
> reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
> di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
> Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
> https://www.mixmaster.it
>

Thanks. Mine are still concave on the top.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
cew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2008, 12:01 AM
George Orwell wrote:
> Here are links to pictures of the 2 bad capacitors on my Intel D865PERL
> motherboard:
>
> http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
> http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg
>
> Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
> non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
> reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
> di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
> Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
> https://www.mixmaster.it
>


I'm a little embarrassed, but also perplexed. I think the solid hang ups (requiring a hard reset) I
was having were caused by a lousy f&^%&*ng SATA cable, that was coming lose from the disk. (cable
came with the WD disk) At least, after I noticed that, and got a cable with a locking mechanism, no
more hangups for 4 weeks now, and no other problems either. The only reboots were deliberate - once
a week after a backup.
Had I thought of it, I would have assumed a connection problem with a disk cable (while computer was
running), would cause an error message, instead of a solid hangup. Previously, I had tried leaving
the computer hung for more than an hour to see if some timeout would happen.
But no.
 
Reply With Quote
 
George Orwell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2008, 09:08 PM
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:01:34 -0700, cew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>was having were caused by a lousy f&^%&*ng SATA cable, that was coming
>lose from the disk.


The D865PERL must have been a 1st generation motherboard with SATA.
There's no provision for cable retention. I've found the SATA cables that
come with the motherboard work best as they make a slight click when
inserted on the motherboard connector. While it doesn't take much effort
to pull the cable off, it does stay on well enough.

OTOH, I recently tried a locking SATA cable that came with a newer Intel
motherboard. When used on the D865PERL, the cable had no click and would
simply fall off with just the weight of the cable pulling downward when the
case was placed upright. So I went back to the original lockless cables
and all was fine.

The newer SATA design has an outer shell that is locked into by metal
springs on the locking SATA cable.

Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
https://www.mixmaster.it

 
Reply With Quote
 
cew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2008, 11:12 PM
George Orwell wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:01:34 -0700, cew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> was having were caused by a lousy f&^%&*ng SATA cable, that was coming
>> lose from the disk.

>
> The D865PERL must have been a 1st generation motherboard with SATA.
> There's no provision for cable retention. I've found the SATA cables that
> come with the motherboard work best as they make a slight click when
> inserted on the motherboard connector. While it doesn't take much effort
> to pull the cable off, it does stay on well enough.
>
> OTOH, I recently tried a locking SATA cable that came with a newer Intel
> motherboard. When used on the D865PERL, the cable had no click and would
> simply fall off with just the weight of the cable pulling downward when the
> case was placed upright. So I went back to the original lockless cables
> and all was fine.
>
> The newer SATA design has an outer shell that is locked into by metal
> springs on the locking SATA cable.
>
> Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
> non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
> reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
> di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
> Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
> https://www.mixmaster.it
>

I think my original cable came with the HD. The new one I bought clicks when pushed onto the disk
connector (where the old one was coming loose), and it doesn't pull off easily.
 
Reply With Quote
 
nospam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2008, 01:46 PM
George Orwell wrote:
> Here are links to pictures of the 2 bad capacitors on my Intel D865PERL
> motherboard:
>
> http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
> http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg


Made in China?????
 
Reply With Quote
 
George Orwell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2008, 07:23 PM
On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:46:23 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
>> http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg

>
>Made in China?????


No, they are Nichicon, Made in Japan.

http://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/index.html

Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
https://www.mixmaster.it

 
Reply With Quote
 
Trent
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:23:42 +0100 (CET) George Orwell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in Message id:
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:46:23 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
>>> http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg

>>
>>Made in China?????

>
>No, they are Nichicon, Made in Japan.
>
>http://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/index.html


Maybe, maybe not:
http://www.nichicon-us.com/english/products/index.html
Check out the alert halfway down the page.
 
Reply With Quote
 
nospam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Trent wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:23:42 +0100 (CET) George Orwell
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in Message id:
> <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:46:23 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>> http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
>>>> http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg
>>> Made in China?????

>> No, they are Nichicon, Made in Japan.
>>
>> http://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/index.html

>
> Maybe, maybe not:
> http://www.nichicon-us.com/english/products/index.html
> Check out the alert halfway down the page.


Good eyes!! I assume therefore that since the Japanese do not
manufacture motherboards, the Chinese board makers use their own Chinese
manufactured cheap ****?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictures / Recent Pictures Brian Tablet PC 3 12-26-2004 01:46 AM
GA-7VTXE+ Rev 1.0 Bad capacitors and bad mosfet Eric P. Anderson Gigabyte 0 09-13-2004 02:12 AM
Epox 8RDA+ died after 14 months bad capacitors for Epox-Tech Michel Weijts Epox 4 09-08-2004 06:21 PM
K8V Deluxe bad capacitors Betelgeuse Asus 2 01-20-2004 09:23 PM
Bad Capacitors on 8RDA mobo fdsasa Epox 0 01-20-2004 03:27 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment