timelord

I use a 9800GX2 card which has a HDMI connector. If i connect this to my
Panasonic 42" plasma HDTV how will it perform during gaming? I currently use
an Iiyama Prolite 24" LCD Monitor which is connected via the HDMI cable.
I was wondering what kind of resolutions i would get too.

Phil.

deimos

timelord wrote:
> I use a 9800GX2 card which has a HDMI connector. If i connect this to my
> Panasonic 42" plasma HDTV how will it perform during gaming? I currently
> use an Iiyama Prolite 24" LCD Monitor which is connected via the HDMI
> cable.
> I was wondering what kind of resolutions i would get too.
>
> Phil.

It performs just wonderfully. Also without any input lag or blurring.
You likely have a similar model to my TC-P42S1 - which I love and works
great with PC HDMI.

One bit of advice, whatever HDMI input you use (1,2,3), set the
sharpness ALL THE WAY down to 0. Anything above 0 adds post processing
and actually makes the image less clear. At 0 you get a pixel perfect
display. I found text hard to read until I figured this out. Now it
looks exactly like any DVI/HDMI PC monitor.

If you have the 1080P plasma like mine then you will automatically do
1920x1080. It's a good resolution. I recommend staying away from 720P
because you get overscan, and on my model I can't turn it off for that
particular res (1366x768). YMMV. 480P and others are handled just like
you would expect. Your plasma's scaler will take care of aspect correction.

Using a new PDP is the next best thing to CRT gaming. Have loads of fun.

Dell Plasma/LCD TVs Dell Christopher Dell 1 02-01-2006 08:13 PM
Looking for Dell Plasma TV 4200HD comments snow Dell 1 08-28-2005 02:05 PM
OT: Dell 42 in plasma tv Math1 Dell 12 08-07-2005 11:49 AM
Dell 42" Wide Plasma sundance Dell 1 05-06-2005 10:36 AM
Off-topic....Gateway Plasma tv's HistoryFan Gateway 7 12-31-2003 04:05 PM