PLEASE HELP What's the fastest XP processor I can have on my board ?

Lindsten

Hi Group,

I have the SY K7V Dragon Plus and originally installed an Athlon XP1900. I
would like to upgrade to something faster. Could someone tell me what I
should pick and still maintain a decent probability of success.

I'm hoping that there is someone out there with the same type of board but
with a faster processor installed.

Thanks

Lindsten

Sorry for asking for help that quick. Should have done my research before
posting my question here. Found it on Soyo's web site.

Happy Holidays
"Lindsten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WV7Eb.230091$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi Group,
>
> I have the SY K7V Dragon Plus and originally installed an Athlon XP1900. I
> would like to upgrade to something faster. Could someone tell me what I
> should pick and still maintain a decent probability of success.
>
> I'm hoping that there is someone out there with the same type of board but
> with a faster processor installed.
>
> Thanks

Chuck Davis

The highest you can go is 2100+ XP/Palomino.
http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=16)

For the price difference, you may not be able to see very much of a
change!
You must be sure to not purchase the XP/Thoroughbred (See below)

Model K7V Dragon Plus!
AMD64 N/A
XP/Barton N/A
XP/Thoroughbred* N/A
XP/Palomino* 2100+
Thunder Bird 1.4GHz
Duron 1.3GHz

* For more information on how to recognize Palomino, and Thoroughbred
CPU visit Article S1091 (http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=91)

Chalmers
"Lindsten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<WV7Eb.230091$(E-Mail Removed) m>...
> Hi Group,
>
> I have the SY K7V Dragon Plus and originally installed an Athlon XP1900. I
> would like to upgrade to something faster. Could someone tell me what I
> should pick and still maintain a decent probability of success.
>
> I'm hoping that there is someone out there with the same type of board but
> with a faster processor installed.
>
> Thanks

Lindsten

Thanks Chuck ! Do you have the same board and if so, what's your experience.

Happy Holidays

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...