Plug more than one fan?

Nicolas Poirier

I have one four pin plug on my mother board to plug the power supply fan but
my pc case has also its own fan. So I have to plug more than one fan on the
same plug.

Is there a kind of splitter selled somewhere to plug more than one fan? What
do people do when they have more than one fan?

Thanks
Nicolas Poirier

Nicolas Poirier

It's three pins, sorry...
In documentation, it's named "FM/FC connector".
I have one my power supply and one comming from my fan.

"Nicolas Poirier" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:%nYCd.40610$P%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I have one four pin plug on my mother board to plug the power supply fan

but
> my pc case has also its own fan. So I have to plug more than one fan on

the
> same plug.
>
> Is there a kind of splitter selled somewhere to plug more than one fan?

What
> do people do when they have more than one fan?
>
> Thanks
> Nicolas Poirier

Nicolas Poirier

I've ordered a "3PIN TO 4PIN MOLEX CONVERTOR / ADAPTER" so I'll be able to
plug my case fan to the power supply and leave the motherboard's plug free
for the power supply's FM/FC connector.

Thank you for your comments :-)
It's been a great help.
__________________

"Nicolas Poirier" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:%nYCd.40610$P%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I have one four pin plug on my mother board to plug the power supply fan

but
> my pc case has also its own fan. So I have to plug more than one fan on

the
> same plug.
>
> Is there a kind of splitter selled somewhere to plug more than one fan?

What
> do people do when they have more than one fan?
>
> Thanks
> Nicolas Poirier

Mike Walsh

The third wire is for a speed sensor. You can run as many fans as you want by splitting the 12 volts, but most motherboards will monitor the speedof only 2 fans.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

Aki

Actually, most M/Bs will monitor power supply, CPU and system fans.....it
makes three of them....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

--
Mike Walsh