Post problems

Steven Campbell

I'm looking for advice on the following:
Yesterday I removed a working AMD 1300 CPU from my old PC along with 1x256
PC2100 stick of memory.
I picked up a second hand Asus A7A266-E mb a while back and hadn't a chance
to check it out.
Today I started to assemble them altogether. After connecting the hard drive
and graphics card I thought I would power it up.
The LED on the board lights up and the CPU fan spins but no post.
If I remove the battery and power up I just get constant beeps and no post.
I removed the graphics card and HD and still no post.
Now I don't even get the beeps with the battery out.

Given that the CPU and memory were both working yesterday, I take it the MB
is dead? Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for any help.

Steven

R_Supp

"Steven Campbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bff8ln$5f3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for advice on the following:
> Yesterday I removed a working AMD 1300 CPU from my old PC along with 1x256
> PC2100 stick of memory.
> I picked up a second hand Asus A7A266-E mb a while back and hadn't a

chance
> to check it out.
> Today I started to assemble them altogether. After connecting the hard

drive
> and graphics card I thought I would power it up.
> The LED on the board lights up and the CPU fan spins but no post.
> If I remove the battery and power up I just get constant beeps and no

post.
> I removed the graphics card and HD and still no post.
> Now I don't even get the beeps with the battery out.
>
> Given that the CPU and memory were both working yesterday, I take it the

MB
> is dead? Is there anything else I can try?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Steven

Can you try a diffrent CPU ?

Mike Gorman

Make sure your memory is seated properly. Try diferent dimm slots.

mgorman

"Mike Gorman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<quPSa.112699$H17.35002@sccrnsc02>...
> Make sure your memory is seated properly. Try diferent dimm slots.

I see this board takes both 168 and 184 pin memory. Perhaps check for
proper memory type selection in BIOS.