Power doesn't stay on

Junior Member

Hi,

I've recently built a new PC using a Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard, 400w PSU, 2GB DDR2 and Intel Dual Core CPU. I've checked and rechecked all my connections and settings however, when I turn the power on, the fans only look like they get a brief connection of power and then nothing happens. I have a green LED light on the mobo and have tried resetting the CMOS but to no avail?
Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? Feel like I could be missing something really stupid?

Thanks in advance

Junior Member

Hi - can't believe I could have been so stupid. Forgot in to install standoffs on my case so had grounding issues on my mobo

Power won't stay on mporco@gmail.com Asus 2 06-17-2006 07:56 AM
New Build-Can't get power to Stay on Alan Johnston MSI 7 08-13-2005 10:53 PM
Re: Why wont the power stay on? rstlne Asus 0 10-15-2003 07:18 PM
Why wont the power stay on? david Abit 5 10-14-2003 07:37 AM
Why wont the power stay on? david Motherboards 1 10-13-2003 04:44 PM