Power Supply Question?

Andrew

Hi,

I have been hearing a lot lately about power supplys. What is the
differnece between a 300w and for example a 500w psu? Besides the
obvios increased voltage. Like, does it include more connectors for
the hhd and cdrom drives? Some Mobos are capable of 6 ata-100/33
devices plus SATA or raid. So i guess what i really want to know is
there a web site for my questions? Thanks.

ANDREW

Matt

Andrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been hearing a lot lately about power supplys. What is the
> differnece between a 300w and for example a 500w psu? Besides the
> obvios increased voltage. Like, does it include more connectors for
> the hhd and cdrom drives? Some Mobos are capable of 6 ata-100/33
> devices plus SATA or raid. So i guess what i really want to know is
> there a web site for my questions? Thanks.
>
> ANDREW

www.amd.com has some tech reports, one of which explains how to
calculate power requirements.

I use a 45 watt power supply instead of a 75 watt power supply for my laptop Kim Webb Laptops 6 02-22-2007 02:02 PM
Abit BG7 Power Supply Supply Regis Abit 1 10-26-2006 11:56 PM
Old M/B and new Power Supply problems with 12V power connector jagemail@gmail.com Gateway 2 10-10-2005 07:28 PM
Power supply, but no power??? U. Cortez IBM 27 09-01-2005 11:31 PM
Tyan K8SE Questions, 1 second power up, fried Power Supply sspunty@gmail.com Tyan 1 07-16-2005 05:11 AM