Power vault 114X

adoades93@gmail.com

We've just bought a power vault 114X tape enclosure for running off backups..
I'm quickly starting to think we've made a big mistake, firstly we need a SAS connector to actually connect the device up to anything; that's proving difficult at the moment! and then I'm doubting how we'll actually use it after its connected up.. we didn't buy any software with it; should we have? Can we write to the tapes directly with Windows once its plugged in?

Can I get around the whole SAS issue, perhaps using DRAC?

Andrew

Pen

> We've just bought a power vault 114X tape enclosure for running off backups.
> I'm quickly starting to think we've made a big mistake, firstly we need a SAS connector to actually connect the device up to anything; that's proving difficult at the moment! and then I'm doubting how we'll actually use it after its connected up.. we didn't buy any software with it; should we have? Can we write to the tapes directly with Windows once its plugged in?
>
> Can I get around the whole SAS issue, perhaps using DRAC?
>
> Andrew

The Dell web site says the software comes with the drives.
Ask them for it if it wasn't included.
http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/powervault-114x/pd

Dell Power Edge and Power Vault RG Dell 4 04-21-2006 05:02 PM
Power Vault 701 Sam Dell 0 08-26-2004 08:47 AM
Brand new sealed Sony 512 MB Micro Vault USB 2.0 flash drive ami HP 0 07-02-2004 02:08 PM
Sony 512 MB Micro Vault Flash USB 2.0 Drive Pen Thumb Drive ami Hardware 0 07-02-2004 04:04 AM
ASUS 845G chipset Based SONY Micro Vault USB2 Trouble Beeckmans Olivier Asus 0 12-19-2003 02:09 PM