Bill

I have an P4P800 deluxe.

Recently I've been getting a thumping sound from the speakers after
shutdown when I either power it down or put it into standby mode.

On closer investigation I notice that the fan in the power supply, as
well as the other case fans, give little jerky motions after the system
is powered down, as if they are still receiving little bursts of power.
These motions are in sync with the thumps from the speakers.

Very strange and it appears to be getting worse ... the time the fans
exhibit this motion after power down is now longer than it was 3 weeks
ago - say 10 sec vs 3 sec.

I'm wondering if I should replace the p/s?

DaveW

Yes.

--
DaveW

----------------
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an P4P800 deluxe.
>
> Recently I've been getting a thumping sound from the speakers after
> shutdown when I either power it down or put it into standby mode.
>
> On closer investigation I notice that the fan in the power supply, as
> well as the other case fans, give little jerky motions after the system
> is powered down, as if they are still receiving little bursts of power.
> These motions are in sync with the thumps from the speakers.
>
> Very strange and it appears to be getting worse ... the time the fans
> exhibit this motion after power down is now longer than it was 3 weeks
> ago - say 10 sec vs 3 sec.
>
> I'm wondering if I should replace the p/s?

P5A-B Rev. 1.04 AT-Powersupply-Issue Peter Urbanek Asus 6 02-16-2004 03:53 PM
Powersupply recommendation for A7N8X-E Dlx board MeNotHome Asus 5 01-03-2004 08:54 AM
attTomG powersupply Tompa Abit 14 12-28-2003 07:28 PM
ok att TomG and others powersupply question Tompa Abit 4 12-24-2003 02:13 PM
Need Powersupply advise Sharky Asus 8 12-23-2003 10:44 PM