A Practical Joke From Dell?

Ron

My old Dell D610 has held up for a long time but now that I have put
in a new battry there is a mystery I want an answer to: what the heck
the refresh button actually does to (or for) a battery? It seems to
me, not a damn thing happens when i press that button... Is my system
at fault or is the battery refresh useless?

Ron

BillW50

In
news:(E-Mail Removed),
Ron wrote:
> My old Dell D610 has held up for a long time but now that I have put
> in a new battry there is a mystery I want an answer to: what the heck
> the refresh button actually does to (or for) a battery? It seems to
> me, not a damn thing happens when i press that button... Is my system
> at fault or is the battery refresh useless?

Hi Ron! It has been about 6 months since I have seen a D610 and I don't
recall that button. Anyway the first thing I think of is a battery
capacity reset. And there is probably two capacities. One that is on the
label and the other one what it thinks it really is. Which can change
from use, age, etc.

--
Bill

Ron

On Apr 16, 3:30*pm, "BillW50" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Innews:(E-Mail Removed),
>
> Ron wrote:
> > My old Dell D610 has held up for a long time but now that I have put
> > in a new battry there is a mystery I want an answer to: what the heck
> > the refresh button actually does to (or for) a battery? It seems to
> > me, not a damn thing happens when i press that button... Is my system
> > at fault or is the battery refresh useless?

> Hi Ron! It has been about 6 months since I have seen a D610 and I don't
> recall that button.

It's a software button available when you first right click on the
power cord icon; that shows the batteries and what kind of charge they
have. By clicking on the battery icon, it shows whatver data is
available about the battery and there is where we get the software
refresh button. But what it actually does, I don't know. It doesn't
seem to actually do anything as far as I can tell.

Ron