Premiere Pro + Matrox P750 doesn't display vid in 2 monitors

Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

Hi,

I have a dual monitor setup but Premiere Pro will only run video in one
monitor. The annoying thing is that all my other video player software
(e.g. Windows Media Player 9) will happily play video in either monitor.
Please help! How do I get Premiere to play video in both monitors?

My setup:

Windows XP Pro SP1
Matrox RT.X10
Matrox P750 (independent mode)
2 x Iiyama 17" monitors (analogue connectors)
Adobe Premiere Pro
DirectX 9.0b

I have all the latest BIOSes and drivers.

I know Premiere will run video in both monitors if I set my Matrox
Powerdesk to "stretched" mode but I much prefer "independent mode".

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Robert Morein

It may not be possible.
With a Matrox G550, which is a similar, but simpler card, it is not.
Most editing programs require a "frame buffer", which is a hardware
shorthand for feeding a raster into the card. Many video cards provide a
frame buffer only on the primary monitor.
The G550 can display mpeg2 on the second monitor, but it has no video frame
buffer.

Try reducing the resolution of both displays, since the frame buffer
requires non-displayed memory to operate.

"Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c63059$2jjq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a dual monitor setup but Premiere Pro will only run video in one
> monitor. The annoying thing is that all my other video player software
> (e.g. Windows Media Player 9) will happily play video in either monitor.
> Please help! How do I get Premiere to play video in both monitors?
>
> My setup:
>
> Windows XP Pro SP1
> Matrox RT.X10
> Matrox P750 (independent mode)
> 2 x Iiyama 17" monitors (analogue connectors)
> Adobe Premiere Pro
> DirectX 9.0b
>
> I have all the latest BIOSes and drivers.
>
> I know Premiere will run video in both monitors if I set my Matrox
> Powerdesk to "stretched" mode but I much prefer "independent mode".
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jack

Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

Dear Robert,

Thanks loads for your reply. That's kinda what I feared.

Thanks,
Jack

news:(E-Mail Removed)...