Presario 2100 dead?

ChrZier

Hello

I have a Compaq Presario 2100 (2126EA). When I turn the laptop on (with
external power on), the fan starts up , cdrom spins 1-2 sec.. The power
button is lighting blue. After three sec. the I/O led is blinking, like
the laptop is in sleep-mode, the fan is off. Nothing happes on the
screen.
I tryed to charge the laptop but after one day of charging, the battery
is still dead.

Are there someone who tryed the same! What shall I do?

Thanks

Christian - DK

HH

Have you tried turning the notebook off by holding the power button down for
3-4 seconds?

HH

"ChrZier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello
>
> I have a Compaq Presario 2100 (2126EA). When I turn the laptop on (with
> external power on), the fan starts up , cdrom spins 1-2 sec.. The power
> button is lighting blue. After three sec. the I/O led is blinking, like
> the laptop is in sleep-mode, the fan is off. Nothing happes on the
> screen.
> I tryed to charge the laptop but after one day of charging, the battery
> is still dead.
>
> Are there someone who tryed the same! What shall I do?
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian - DK

- Bobb -

"ChrZier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello
>
> I have a Compaq Presario 2100 (2126EA). When I turn the laptop on (with
> external power on), the fan starts up , cdrom spins 1-2 sec.. The power
> button is lighting blue. After three sec. the I/O led is blinking, like
> the laptop is in sleep-mode, the fan is off. Nothing happens on the
> screen.

IS it in sleep mode? Did you type a few keys ? ( sorry - Had to ask -you
didn't mention)
If holding down the power button doesn't work, unplug it, remove the
battery and plug it back in.

> I tried to charge the laptop but after one day of charging,
> the battery is still dead.

What do you mean by " the battery is still dead." ?
The leds on the battery don't increase ?
Was that an issue before THIS ?
Or just SINCE this happened ( maybe running only on battery - bad AC
adapter - AC outlet is good?)
Let us know. Meanwhile,
go here for specifics:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...en&lc=en&cc=us

and here to download manuals
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...roduct=299046&

( You should get them while you can - often they remove as product ages )

> Are there someone who tryed the same! What shall I do?
>
> Thanks
> Christian - DK

- Bobb -

BTW - is this same PC as
" Fried my 2178ea presario" or just coincidence two died in a few days.

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "ChrZier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a Compaq Presario 2100 (2126EA). When I turn the laptop on (with
>> external power on), the fan starts up , cdrom spins 1-2 sec.. The power
>> button is lighting blue. After three sec. the I/O led is blinking, like
>> the laptop is in sleep-mode, the fan is off. Nothing happens on the
>> screen.

> IS it in sleep mode? Did you type a few keys ? ( sorry - Had to ask -you
> didn't mention)
> If holding down the power button doesn't work, unplug it, remove the
> battery and plug it back in.
>
>> I tried to charge the laptop but after one day of charging,
>> the battery is still dead.

> What do you mean by " the battery is still dead." ?
> The leds on the battery don't increase ?
> Was that an issue before THIS ?
> Or just SINCE this happened ( maybe running only on battery - bad AC
> adapter - AC outlet is good?)
> Let us know. Meanwhile,
> go here for specifics:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...en&lc=en&cc=us
>
> and here to download manuals
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...roduct=299046&
>
> ( You should get them while you can - often they remove as product
> ages )
>>
>> Are there someone who tryed the same! What shall I do?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Christian - DK

ChrZier

1. The leds on the battery don't increase,
2. Tryed everything, the laptop is not in "sleep mode",
3. AC outlet is good.

Christian DK

- Bobb -

"ChrZier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> 1. The leds on the battery don't increase,
> 2. Tryed everything, the laptop is not in "sleep mode",
> 3. AC outlet is good.
>
> Christian DK

Christian,

When you reply, include the text you are replying to ( your text by itself
means nothing to a reader and I can't remember all of the details of the
hundreds of messages in here.) Did you do as we asked in previous
messages?
( click "Reply Group" and type your answer under the questions)
' Tryed everything, the laptop is not in "sleep mode" ' doesn't tell us :

Did you press and hold the power button for 10 seconds ?
Did it power OFF ? ( does the button even work ?)
Did you unplug it and remove the battery ? ( in case the battery is fried)
Same symptoms on AC - without the battery in there ?
Same on battery only ? (No AC - Ignore the LEDS)
Did you then plug it back in , turn back on ?
Did it power up OK ? ( disk activity LED)
Did you press F10 at startup ?
Did you see anything on the screen ( BIOS startup etc) ?
Did you try an external monitor ( in case PC ok but bad LCD) ?

Junior Member

I have the same laptop. It crashed last night with the "Blue Screen of Death". After I reset the LCD will no longer show any output. You can barely see Windows. I know I have a bad battery. But on AC power it does the same thing. It will display on the external output to a monitor though. BAd LCD? or can a battery cause this?
And I might add with the external monitor everything works fine as far as Windows goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Bobb -
"ChrZier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> 1. The leds on the battery don't increase,
> 2. Tryed everything, the laptop is not in "sleep mode",
> 3. AC outlet is good.
>
> Christian DK

Christian,

When you reply, include the text you are replying to ( your text by itself
means nothing to a reader and I can't remember all of the details of the
hundreds of messages in here.) Did you do as we asked in previous
messages?
( click "Reply Group" and type your answer under the questions)
' Tryed everything, the laptop is not in "sleep mode" ' doesn't tell us :

Did you press and hold the power button for 10 seconds ?
Did it power OFF ? ( does the button even work ?)
Did you unplug it and remove the battery ? ( in case the battery is fried)
Same symptoms on AC - without the battery in there ?
Same on battery only ? (No AC - Ignore the LEDS)
Did you then plug it back in , turn back on ?
Did it power up OK ? ( disk activity LED)
Did you press F10 at startup ?
Did you see anything on the screen ( BIOS startup etc) ?
Did you try an external monitor ( in case PC ok but bad LCD) ?

Last edited by pcworks; 09-28-2007 at 05:09 PM..