Presario S4200nx power supply question

Can a 350w or 400w power supply be used in a Presario S4200nx pc? Trying to
find a power supply for the pc.

Ben Myers

L wrote:
> Can a 350w or 400w power supply be used in a Presario S4200nx pc? Trying to
> find a power supply for the pc.

The S4200NX is a generic microATX chassis with generic parts inside and
Compaq plastic and Compaq motherboard BIOS signature. You can use a
standard sized ATX12v power supply of any wattage. It would be good to
replace the power supply in the computer right now. IIRC, this is one
Compaq model that uses the trashy Bestec brand of power supply, almost
legendary for taking out the motherboard when it fails for any reason.

HP Pavilions (really almost twins of the Presarios) and eMachines often
have the same truly awful Bestec 250w PSU... Ben Myers

Thanks Ben for replying.

What is a good & reasonbly priced power supply? I've thinking about ordering
one from Tiger Direct or New Egg.

news:hc1ihp$g3b$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...