Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Printing Problem...blank spaces occur when words are colored

 
 
John Decker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004, 03:03 AM
I have an iMac G5 with Wireless Keyboard & Mouse and running OS 10.3.5. When I
type a letter in
either AppleWorks 6.xx or TextEdit and bold, italicize, and underline words and
color various other
word in the letter and look at the results in Print Preview everything looks
great, but when I print the
letter the colored words have disappeared. I deleted the original Mac OS driver
for my hp deskjet 6122,
thinking that this may be the problem, and downloaded the hp driver for this
model printer. However,
the problem still remains-----blank spaces where words are colored.

Any help in solving this problem would be most appreciated!!


John Decker

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
jere7my tho?rpe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004, 03:39 AM
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Decker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When I type a letter in either AppleWorks 6.xx or TextEdit and bold,
> italicize, and underline words and color various other word in the
> letter and look at the results in Print Preview everything looks
> great, but when I print the letter the colored words have
> disappeared.


Sure sounds like your colored ink cartridge is either out of ink or not
printing for some reasons. Either that or your printer is a bigot.

Can you print other color documents?

----j7y

--
jere7my tho?rpe "Clever stratagems are quite beyond my
440-775-1522 powers, but if it is rank foolishness
(E-Mail Removed) you require, I have no end of it."
http://www.livejournal.com/~jere7my Jack Shaftoe, _The Confusion_
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Decker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004, 05:04 AM
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, jere7my tho?rpe
says...
>
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> John Decker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> When I type a letter in either AppleWorks 6.xx or TextEdit and bold,
>> italicize, and underline words and color various other word in the
>> letter and look at the results in Print Preview everything looks
>> great, but when I print the letter the colored words have
>> disappeared.

>
>Sure sounds like your colored ink cartridge is either out of ink or not
>printing for some reasons. Either that or your printer is a bigot.
>
>Can you print other color documents?
>
> ----j7y

--------------------------------------------------------
The colored ink cartridge is a new one. I tried to print a webpage but the
colored sections of the
webpage are simply not present. I am wondering if the communication by Airport
extream card and
Airport Express base station is the problem? The USB cable from the printer is
connected to the Airport
Express base station. Damn, I dislike OS 10.3.5, it has been nothing but
problems. Mac OS 9.1 was so
simple and direct that I never had any problems.

John Decker




 
Reply With Quote
 
jere7my tho?rpe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004, 05:45 AM
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Decker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The colored ink cartridge is a new one. I tried to print a webpage
> but the colored sections of the webpage are simply not present.


Are you sure it's installed correctly? Have you tried printing a test
page, or checking with the printer utility to see if it is detecting the
ink cartridge?

> I am wondering if the communication by Airport extream card and
> Airport Express base station is the problem?


That seems unlikely, though I'm not an expert; I don't think the print
job is transmitted as a "color" bit and a "B&W" bit. It's transmitted
all at once, then the printer decodes it.

----j7y

--
jere7my tho?rpe "Clever stratagems are quite beyond my
440-775-1522 powers, but if it is rank foolishness
(E-Mail Removed) you require, I have no end of it."
http://www.livejournal.com/~jere7my Jack Shaftoe, _The Confusion_
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Decker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004, 06:25 AM
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, jere7my tho?rpe
says...
>
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> John Decker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The colored ink cartridge is a new one. I tried to print a webpage
>> but the colored sections of the webpage are simply not present.

>
>Are you sure it's installed correctly? Have you tried printing a test
>page, or checking with the printer utility to see if it is detecting the
>ink cartridge?
>
>> I am wondering if the communication by Airport extream card and
>> Airport Express base station is the problem?

>
>That seems unlikely, though I'm not an expert; I don't think the print
>job is transmitted as a "color" bit and a "B&W" bit. It's transmitted
>all at once, then the printer decodes it.
>
> ----j7y

----------------------------------------------------------------
You are right. I printed a test page and it was all black, no color. I checked
and the color cartridge is
seated properely. I removed it and reseated it and snaped the plastic top holder
securely on it and
again, the test page printed all black. I am indeed confused?? Any more
suggestions??


John Decker

 
Reply With Quote
 
jere7my tho?rpe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004, 07:57 AM
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Decker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> jere7my tho?rpe says...
> >Are you sure it's installed correctly? Have you tried printing a test
> >page, or checking with the printer utility to see if it is detecting the
> >ink cartridge?


> You are right. I printed a test page and it was all black, no color.
> I checked and the color cartridge is seated properely. I removed it
> and reseated it and snaped the plastic top holder securely on it and
> again, the test page printed all black. I am indeed confused?? Any
> more suggestions??


As far as I know, test pages come straight out of the printer's memory;
your computer isn't involved at all, and you should be able to print the
test page without it being connected. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong
here.) So the problem is probably in the hardware, the printer or the
cartridge. My only suggestion would be to connect it to another
computer to make sure the behavior is repeatable, then take it in to be
serviced; it could be something as old-school as a loose wire or a bad
ink cartridge.

----j7y

--
jere7my tho?rpe "Clever stratagems are quite beyond my
440-775-1522 powers, but if it is rank foolishness
(E-Mail Removed) you require, I have no end of it."
http://www.livejournal.com/~jere7my Jack Shaftoe, _The Confusion_
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Decker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004, 10:32 PM
In article <192ek13ibns78.ur2yt2p5wxu3$(E-Mail Removed)>, Barry Jones says...
>
>On 16 Oct 2004 23:25:47 -0700, John Decker wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, jere7my tho?rpe
>> says...
>>>
>>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>> John Decker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> The colored ink cartridge is a new one. I tried to print a webpage
>>>> but the colored sections of the webpage are simply not present.
>>>
>>>Are you sure it's installed correctly? Have you tried printing a test
>>>page, or checking with the printer utility to see if it is detecting the
>>>ink cartridge?
>>>
>>>> I am wondering if the communication by Airport extream card and
>>>> Airport Express base station is the problem?
>>>
>>>That seems unlikely, though I'm not an expert; I don't think the print
>>>job is transmitted as a "color" bit and a "B&W" bit. It's transmitted
>>>all at once, then the printer decodes it.
>>>
>>> ----j7y

>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>>You are right. I printed a test page and it was all black, no color. I checked
>> and the color cartridge is
>>seated properely. I removed it and reseated it and snaped the plastic top holder
>> securely on it and
>> again, the test page printed all black. I am indeed confused?? Any more
>> suggestions??
>>
>> John Decker

>
>Try removing the tape over the print head on the cartridge.



Barry...I have checked that detail. I believe that it is probably the printer
that is defective. I also used a
new color cartridge and the same thing happen again, which narrows it down to
the printer. Thanks for
everyones help!!!!!


John Decker

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tim Murray
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004, 11:00 PM
In the socket where the cartridge sits you will probably see some electrical
connections. Try cleaning them with a cotton swap and a bit of water. The
hard-cores use rubbing alcohol, but some manufacturers say not to.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xilinx EDK and Custom Peripheral: error occur when generating bitstream Allen Embedded 0 03-26-2007 04:49 AM
IE error - only occur on my tablet PC seeker01 Tablet PC 10 01-04-2006 03:40 AM
How can this wild interrupt occur? Chris Carlen Embedded 1 10-18-2005 03:18 AM
Scanjet 4p colored bands GAlan HP 2 06-29-2004 02:52 AM
Colored dot grids zlo ATI 0 10-30-2003 04:51 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment