Problem with burning data CDs

Costas Tsatsoulis

I have a 1.6 GHz G5, running OS X 10.3.5.

A week or so ago it started exhibiting the following: when an empty
CD-R (I use 700 MByte generic ones) is inserted, it does not
"recognize" it, but brings up iTunes. I can burn music on the CD-R,
but I cannot write any data (it does not even appear on the desktop).
This is driving me nuts and basically makes my CD burner useless (I
mostly burn data CDs).

Unfortunately I don't know if this behavior is associated with any OS
updates. On the other hand, my G4 is working ok. So, I am guessing
this might not be OS-related.

Anyone knows why I am having this problem? Solutions?

Thanks for the help

--- Costas Tsatsoulis

matt neuburg

Costas Tsatsoulis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> when an empty CD-R
> (I use 700 MByte generic ones) is inserted, it does not "recognize" it,
> but brings up iTunes

Check your System Preferences for CDs & DVDs. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = (E-Mail Removed), http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
AppleScript: The Definitive Guide

Wayne C. Morris

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) (Costas Tsatsoulis) wrote:

> I have a 1.6 GHz G5, running OS X 10.3.5.
>
> A week or so ago it started exhibiting the following: when an empty
> CD-R (I use 700 MByte generic ones) is inserted, it does not
> "recognize" it, but brings up iTunes. I can burn music on the CD-R,
> but I cannot write any data (it does not even appear on the desktop).
> This is driving me nuts and basically makes my CD burner useless (I
> mostly burn data CDs).

System Preferences -> CDs & DVDs -> "When you insert a blank CD"

John Carrana

Costas Tsatsoulis at (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I can burn music on the CD-R,
> but I cannot write any data (it does not even appear on the desktop).
> This is driving me nuts and basically makes my CD burner useless (I
> mostly burn data CDs).

I had a similar problem some time ago, I was able to burn music CDs but not
data, it turned out to be a faulty batch of blank CDs. Changed the brand and
all was fine. I was burning with Toast.

John

quickest way for burning two cds..... galleywench@musicalfurnishings.com Apple 10 10-29-2006 07:10 PM
Burning CDs in OS X? John N. Alegre Apple 24 12-08-2004 05:24 AM
burning cds & dvds Mike Dell 5 11-19-2004 01:25 AM
Pather, iTunes, Finder and burning CDs Cat Apple 0 10-28-2003 04:50 AM
Any suggestions for troubleshooting burning CDs in HP CD-Writer 8200 in Win XP with RecordNow Andrew HP 7 09-14-2003 05:50 PM