Problem CPU amd

davide

I have installed this on my MB asus A7V8X by kt400 today the processor AMD
3000+ in substitution of the older 2000+.
The problem is that after having received guarantees around its
compatibility with
my MB this evening after a careful and scrupulous "operation" of
substitution (pasta's use therma grease), to the reboot the system
it feeds the fan of the cpu it turns but the pc doesn't make the boot.
I have mistaken something, or it is a cpu defective someone knows me to help
or it has
done have a similar experience?
Thanks for the possible answers.

Davide

Dylan C

davide wrote:
> I have installed this on my MB asus A7V8X by kt400 today the processor AMD
> 3000+ in substitution of the older 2000+.
> The problem is that after having received guarantees around its
> compatibility with
> my MB this evening after a careful and scrupulous "operation" of
> substitution (pasta's use therma grease), to the reboot the system
> it feeds the fan of the cpu it turns but the pc doesn't make the boot.
> I have mistaken something, or it is a cpu defective someone knows me to help
> or it has
> done have a similar experience?
> Thanks for the possible answers.
>
> Davide

You may need to reset the CMOS. This is usually done with the CMOS
jumper. You can also remove the small battery and unplug the computer
from the wall for ~5-10 seconds. Either of these will clear the CMOS.

If this doesn't work, try reseating the CPU and memory. I assume from
your explanation that you had some trouble with the thermal paste. Its
important that you use only a very thin layer on top of the CPU die.
Too much can cause problems.

-Dylan C

davide

I have tried to reset the cmos to remove the battery and to clean with care
the CPU from the thermal grease, but the problem is not resolved the pc it
doesn't set out.
Thanks
"Dylan C" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> davide wrote:
>> I have installed this on my MB asus A7V8X by kt400 today the processor
>> AMD
>> 3000+ in substitution of the older 2000+.
>> The problem is that after having received guarantees around its
>> compatibility with
>> my MB this evening after a careful and scrupulous "operation" of
>> substitution (pasta's use therma grease), to the reboot the system
>> it feeds the fan of the cpu it turns but the pc doesn't make the boot.
>> I have mistaken something, or it is a cpu defective someone knows me to
>> help or it has
>> done have a similar experience?
>> Thanks for the possible answers.
>>
>> Davide
>>

> You may need to reset the CMOS. This is usually done with the CMOS
> jumper. You can also remove the small battery and unplug the computer
> from the wall for ~5-10 seconds. Either of these will clear the CMOS.
>
> If this doesn't work, try reseating the CPU and memory. I assume from
> your explanation that you had some trouble with the thermal paste. Its
> important that you use only a very thin layer on top of the CPU die. Too
> much can cause problems.
>
> -Dylan C

Dylan C

davide wrote:
> I have tried to reset the cmos to remove the battery and to clean with care
> the CPU from the thermal grease, but the problem is not resolved the pc it
> doesn't set out.
> Thanks
> "Dylan C" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>davide wrote:
>>
>>>I have installed this on my MB asus A7V8X by kt400 today the processor
>>>AMD
>>>3000+ in substitution of the older 2000+.
>>>The problem is that after having received guarantees around its
>>>compatibility with
>>>my MB this evening after a careful and scrupulous "operation" of
>>>substitution (pasta's use therma grease), to the reboot the system
>>>it feeds the fan of the cpu it turns but the pc doesn't make the boot.
>>>I have mistaken something, or it is a cpu defective someone knows me to
>>>help or it has
>>>done have a similar experience?
>>>Thanks for the possible answers.
>>>
>>>Davide
>>>

>>You may need to reset the CMOS. This is usually done with the CMOS
>>jumper. You can also remove the small battery and unplug the computer
>>from the wall for ~5-10 seconds. Either of these will clear the CMOS.
>>
>>If this doesn't work, try reseating the CPU and memory. I assume from
>>your explanation that you had some trouble with the thermal paste. Its
>>important that you use only a very thin layer on top of the CPU die. Too
>>much can cause problems.
>>
>>-Dylan C

Try the old CPU...does the PC boot with it?

-Dylan C

davide

Yes with the old CPU is all ok.

"Dylan C" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> davide wrote:
>> I have tried to reset the cmos to remove the battery and to clean with
>> care the CPU from the thermal grease, but the problem is not resolved the
>> pc it doesn't set out.
>> Thanks
>> "Dylan C" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>You may need to reset the CMOS. This is usually done with the CMOS
>>>jumper. You can also remove the small battery and unplug the computer
>>>from the wall for ~5-10 seconds. Either of these will clear the CMOS.
>>>
>>>If this doesn't work, try reseating the CPU and memory. I assume from
>>>your explanation that you had some trouble with the thermal paste. Its
>>>important that you use only a very thin layer on top of the CPU die. Too
>>>much can cause problems.
>>>
>>>-Dylan C

> Try the old CPU...does the PC boot with it?
>
> -Dylan C

don't look

you may need a bios update to get the correct voltage.

news:z7a0h.4029$(E-Mail Removed)...