Problem: GeForce 6600 DDR3, I have a surrounding texture display problem

cellist

GeForce 6600 DDR3
Problem: The surrounding/ground 3D texture turn red color.

Situation:
When I play Warcraft II, the ground turn dark red color. If there is snow
covered, it turns red.
When I play The Sims2, the ground turn black and the (3D)stones turn red.
When I play America's Army Operation, it turns the snows of ground 3D
texture to red color too.

I have:
- estimated and edited the quality of games but it gives negative result.
- taken my card to the support department for a check and it gives negative
result - healthy condition.
- checked my LCD moinitor setting and display card setting, it was the same
as before the problem.
- updated my display card dirver and checked my directx 9.0c - healthy
condition.

The only strange phenomenon has to mention that is:
- when I adjust the frequency(Hz) of the monitor, although it is LCD, it
gives the positive result if it is switched to 72,75Hz(problem texture given
out)
- I used the CRT(traditional) monitor to prove this phenomenon, and
attempted to find healthy Hz to overcome the texture problem, but I cannot
find it....every Hz gives the same result, floating texture problem...
- when I use back to 60Hz and 100Hz of the monitor, then the
surrounding/ground 3D texture turns red color left.

What else can I adjust the setting?
Is it possible to the ACP slot problem?

Mr.E Solved!

cellist wrote:
> GeForce 6600 DDR3
> Problem: The surrounding/ground 3D texture turn red color.
>
> Situation:
> When I play Warcraft II, the ground turn dark red color. If there is snow
> covered, it turns red.
> When I play The Sims2, the ground turn black and the (3D)stones turn red.
> When I play America's Army Operation, it turns the snows of ground 3D
> texture to red color too.
>
> I have:
> - estimated and edited the quality of games but it gives negative result.
> - taken my card to the support department for a check and it gives negative
> result - healthy condition.
> - checked my LCD moinitor setting and display card setting, it was the same
> as before the problem.
> - updated my display card dirver and checked my directx 9.0c - healthy
> condition.
>
> The only strange phenomenon has to mention that is:
> - when I adjust the frequency(Hz) of the monitor, although it is LCD, it
> gives the positive result if it is switched to 72,75Hz(problem texture given
> out)
> - I used the CRT(traditional) monitor to prove this phenomenon, and
> attempted to find healthy Hz to overcome the texture problem, but I cannot
> find it....every Hz gives the same result, floating texture problem...
> - when I use back to 60Hz and 100Hz of the monitor, then the
> surrounding/ground 3D texture turns red color left.
>
> What else can I adjust the setting?
> Is it possible to the ACP slot problem?

This sounds like a typical video RAM failure, where textures lose
information but the geometry of the rendered scene stays accurate. I say
this as you relate the problem occurs in several different applications
over different driver suites.

That you say your 'support department' gives the card a 'healthy
condition' does not address the unhealthy texture failures.

Under-clock your video ram, if the problem persists, you could explore
other much less likely causes, such as AGP signal driving strength, but
I suspect the video ram has a faulty section.