Problem with Microphone @ 10.3 on Ibook G3 500

Carl Beyer

I installed 10.3 on my fathers Ibook (white, G3 500 mhz dual USB). Now
it does not recognize the microphone anymore.

I deleted sound preferences, ran disk utilities... no luck... Anyone
have a suggestion as to where to look.

I know the mic works fine because when I start up under 9.2 the mic
shows right up.

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com

Paul Sture

Carl Beyer wrote:
> I installed 10.3 on my fathers Ibook (white, G3 500 mhz dual USB). Now
> it does not recognize the microphone anymore.
>
> I deleted sound preferences, ran disk utilities... no luck... Anyone
> have a suggestion as to where to look.
>
> I know the mic works fine because when I start up under 9.2 the mic
> shows right up.

What do you see in System Preferences -> Sound -> Input?

On my iBook I see "Internal Microphone". Do you see that? Is the input
volume there wound up? Mine is set to the maximum, and I have a notion I
changed that setting myself.

Carl Beyer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Paul Sture <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Carl Beyer wrote:
> > I installed 10.3 on my fathers Ibook (white, G3 500 mhz dual USB). Now
> > it does not recognize the microphone anymore.
> >
> > I deleted sound preferences, ran disk utilities... no luck... Anyone
> > have a suggestion as to where to look.
> >
> > I know the mic works fine because when I start up under 9.2 the mic
> > shows right up.
> >

> What do you see in System Preferences -> Sound -> Input?

Zero.. Nothing, Nada... No devices available..