Problem with "MMDEVLDR.VXD" that can't be loaded.

Chaos Master

Hello people. Sorry for the crosspostings.

This is for a friend:

He has a 750MHz Duron PC with a Soyo K7VTA-B motherboard, using the onboard
audio (AC'97). After he deleted some stuff, he lost all audio.

Winamp gave the "MMSYSTEM002" error.

I tried the obvious (remove drivers, reinstall drivers) but it don't work.

When I go to device manager, there is a '!' sign in the icon of the "sound
card", which means a warning/error.

The error says something that "NTKERN.VXD can't load MMDEVLDR.VXD".
BUT, both files exist!

Question: Has anybody here seen the same error with this motherboard, or any
others that have AC'97? What did you do to fix it?

OS is Win 98 SE.

[]s
--
Chaos Master. |"These wounds won't seem to heal
Posting from Brazil. | This pain is just too real

Ryan Wheeler

Chaos Master wrote:

> Hello people. Sorry for the crosspostings.
>
> This is for a friend:
>
> He has a 750MHz Duron PC with a Soyo K7VTA-B motherboard, using the
> onboard audio (AC'97). After he deleted some stuff, he lost all
> audio.
>
> Winamp gave the "MMSYSTEM002" error.
>
> I tried the obvious (remove drivers, reinstall drivers) but it don't
> work.
>
> When I go to device manager, there is a '!' sign in the icon of the
> "sound card", which means a warning/error.
>
> The error says something that "NTKERN.VXD can't load MMDEVLDR.VXD".
> BUT, both files exist!
>
> Question: Has anybody here seen the same error with this motherboard,
> or any others that have AC'97? What did you do to fix it?
>
> OS is Win 98 SE.
>
> []s

in device manager remove all references to sound functions.
then shutdown and restart. have the cd ready to reload.