problem with modem

sreelal

Hi all,

My modem 56kbps was not working. So I got it replaced from my
dealer.
I was geting a download speed arround 40 kbps before the new modem
was
installed. But now I am getting the maximum of 24kbps when ever I
connect to the net. I use a dialup connection to connect from my land
phone.
Can anybody tell me
what is wrong?

Neoe

Mike Walsh

You are connecting at V34 instead of V90 protocol. This could be because of a defective modem, incorrect modem configuration, or a problem with the phone line.

--

When replying by Email include NewSGrouP (case sensitive) in Subject

Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

Silicon Alley Computers

(E-Mail Removed) (sreelal) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi all,
>
> My modem 56kbps was not working. So I got it replaced from my
> dealer.
> I was geting a download speed arround 40 kbps before the new modem
> was
> installed. But now I am getting the maximum of 24kbps when ever I
> connect to the net. I use a dialup connection to connect from my land
> phone.
> Can anybody tell me
> what is wrong?
>
> Neoe

Hi,
Sounds like you need to upgrade the drivers for your new modem.
Go to the manufacturer's website and download and install the new
drivers according to their instructions.

Silicon Alley Computers
www.siliconalleycomputers.com