problem with my thinkpad 770

Ashirus

It's as old as a 233MHz 770 model should be. It's running Windows Me
(which I don't like, but I got no other OS) and recently the battery
stopped holding charge and now won't turn on when it has the battery
in.

Even if I remove the battery and run it off AC power it lasts a few
minutes and then shuts down. does anyone know if it can run off AC
power normally without a battery inserted?

any help with my problem in general?

ash.

tom

Ashirus wrote:
> It's as old as a 233MHz 770 model should be. It's running Windows Me
> (which I don't like, but I got no other OS) and recently the battery
> stopped holding charge and now won't turn on when it has the battery
> in.
>
> Even if I remove the battery and run it off AC power it lasts a few
> minutes and then shuts down. does anyone know if it can run off AC
> power normally without a battery inserted?
>
> any help with my problem in general?
>
> ash.

Check with Bill Morrow at Thinkpads.com. If it's Thinkpad, he'll know.

IBM thinkpad 770 battery problem andreis10020@yahoo.com Laptops 5 02-16-2005 06:45 AM
IBM thinkpad 770 battery problem andreis10020@yahoo.com IBM Thinkpad 2 02-13-2005 04:03 AM
DVD software for Thinkpad 770 Steve Nottingham Laptops 4 04-01-2004 09:03 PM
Question about Thinkpad 770 m Laptops 2 08-11-2003 03:36 AM
Re: DVD Express needed for Thinkpad 770? Thanks. skygodtj Laptops 0 07-02-2003 12:28 AM