problem with north bridge cooler on ic7-max3

slink

Hi ppl,

my NB cooler on ic7-max3 went dead after 2 months i had this mainboar and i
didnt decide to return it and wait for new coler but i have instaled other
one from coolermaster, now after 9 months ic7-max3 stop POSTing and of
course i need original cooler for guarantee to be relaized.

Of course i dint know that i will need to save my nonworking original NB
cooler so my question is this. I have found coler on ic7 myinboard, are they
same? they look same on picture, and they are connected to mainboard on same
way.

Richard Hopkins

"slink" wrote in message...
> Of course i dint know that i will need to save my nonworking original NB
> cooler so my question is this. I have found coler
> on ic7 myinboard, are they same? they look same on picture,
> and they are connected to mainboard on same way.

The IC7 and IC7-G originally shipped with a northbridge cooler that looked
very different from the one you got on your board. However they subsequently
went to the same design that is used on the Max3, yes.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Mortimer

slink wrote:

> Hi ppl,
>
> my NB cooler on ic7-max3 went dead after 2 months i had this mainboar and i
> didnt decide to return it and wait for new coler but i have instaled other
> one from coolermaster, now after 9 months ic7-max3 stop POSTing and of
> course i need original cooler for guarantee to be relaized.
>
> Of course i dint know that i will need to save my nonworking original NB
> cooler so my question is this. I have found coler on ic7 myinboard, are they
> same? they look same on picture, and they are connected to mainboard on same
> way.

If they look the same to you, they'll look the same to them as well. It
should be fine.

Mort