Problem Removing AMD Socket A With Metal Clips

ITAnnaJones@gmail.com

How do you release the metal retention clips from the processor socket
for an Athlon XP 2100+? One side has a large metal hanging edge and the
two metal clips look like they slide up into the side with the larger
metal piece. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> How do you release the metal retention clips from the processor socket
> for an Athlon XP 2100+? One side has a large metal hanging edge and the
> two metal clips look like they slide up into the side with the larger
> metal piece. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Does yours look like something pictured here ?

"Socket A AMD Processor and Heatsink Installation Guide"
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...docs/23986.pdf

Paul

VanShania

use a scewdriver and I believe you push down and out using only enough
pressure so the screwdriver doesn't slip and stab a hole in your mother
board.

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT, Call of Duty War Chest

ITAnnaJones@gmail.com

No, it does not match the guide on the AMD site.