problem with SY-5EHM V1.0

jmcanto

Hi everybody!

I have a SYS-5EHM V1.0, and I have the following problem:

During startup, the following message appears:

"Updating ESCD.........
Building DMI Pool.................
Verifying DMI Pool Data ..............."

AND LOOK IN THIS PART!!!!

Please HELP ME!!!

My cuestions are:

1.- That signifies ESCD?

2.- That signifies DMI?

3.- As I can correct this error?

Please, if they have answers to this problem, cause know al mail:
(E-Mail Removed)

Beforehand thanks.

none

jmcanto wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I have a SYS-5EHM V1.0, and I have the following problem:
>
> During startup, the following message appears:
>
> "Updating ESCD.........
> Building DMI Pool.................
> Verifying DMI Pool Data ..............."
>
> AND LOOK IN THIS PART!!!!

????

> Please HELP ME!!!
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1.- What [que] signifies ESCD?
>
> 2.- What signifies DMI?
>
> 3.- As I can correct this error?

What error?

> Please, if they have answers to this problem, cause know al mail:
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Beforehand thanks.

According to http://www.pcwebopedia.com/,

ESCD = Extended System Configuration Data

DMI = Desktop Management Interface

JAWAG, but if you switched any PCI cards around, you may need to go
into BIOS setup and enable "Reset System Configution Data". Enabling
this option causes
setup to scan the PCI slots on your mainboard during bootup, after which
it will automatically
reset itself to "off".