Problem with video on T43 with AeroSIM

Mike Y

I bought a flight simulator to run on my T43. Only it won't.

The flight simulator is AeroSIM RC, and I wanted to practice with it before
I took to the air with my new Hexakopter.

But I can't get it to run.

After I failed, I tried it on my work T61. It installed, but wouldn't run.
However there I'm running 2 monitors, so I suspended, resumed with one
monitor, then ran the simulator. Once I ran it once and configured it, I
can now run it fine with multiple monitors.

On my home desktop, it runs fine.

Slick package. But it chokes on my T43.

What happens it the simulator always comes up 'as if' the display is much
bigger than what it is. As a result, you don't see the whole display, just
a small part of it, and you can't get at menus. If I 'hot key' to bring up
selections, the location on the screen the program THINKS my mouse cursor is
at is not where the arrow icon is at.

When I first tried it, I got the idea to go into the laptop and dial it back
to 800x600 screen. THEN I ran the simulator. It came up perfect at
1024x768 and ran perfectly. Then when I exit out, the laptop went back to
800x600. However, in my mucking, not that's even broken.

What's wierd is that when I start AeroSIM, I see it change the resolution
once, then a second time.

There's a config.txt file that list the video parameters in the applications
data area. And ever time I try to run AeroSIM, it ADDS a video block to
the file with the wrong size. I correct the block, and next time it ADDS
yet another block with the wrong size, like it's not reading the first
parameter block. But when AeroSIM on my desktop, the config file is perfect
and doesn't have the added blocks.

Any one have any ideas as to what is going on?

Mike