problems with floppy working on 8KDA3J?

Philip Cody

My buddy is building a machine with a 8KDA3J and we can not get his floppy
drive to work.

1. It is not floppy disc. He has done multiple boot discs and they work
on his notebook which has floppy drive.

2. It is not the floppy drive. he has bought a new one and it does not
work either.

3. It is not the cable. He has tried 2 different cables and they both do
not work. He is using end connector (end with twisted cable). He has
reseated the connector in mobo and floppy numerous times.

4. The floppy controller is enabled in bios. He has set up the floppy to
be the first boot device.

At this point we think there might be a problem with mobo or there is some
obscure setting in the bios that we are missing. He needs the floppy to
install hard drive and SATA drivers when installing winXP.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

P4P800 floppy not working Claude Leclerc Asus 1 02-10-2006 04:25 PM
Floppy drive stopped working on GA-8IHXP (Rev 3.0) TJM Gigabyte 4 05-10-2005 02:36 PM
new NF7-S floppy not working Dan Abit 4 07-13-2004 01:30 AM
Building PC, to floppy or not to floppy? Scott Asus 88 09-14-2003 07:29 PM
Building PC, to floppy or not to floppy? Scott Gigabyte 79 09-14-2003 07:29 PM