Problems with Ibook and AirPort Extreme driver

Sako

Hi Gents,I got my new ibook a few weeks ago, and it seems there is a
little problem.
I've tried to find a way to make air mac work problerly with my Airpor
Extreme, but it seems that, when you are going to inject traffic you
need to have the proper driver. And the default drivers don't work.

I read about this problem, so I wondered if you can suggest me a way
to make WEP decrypting?
I found some way of doing it on Linux machines with the propper
drivers, but couldn't do with my ibook .

Wish you can help. Thanks and regards.

clvrmnky

On 23/09/2005 3:50 AM, Sako wrote:
> Hi Gents,I got my new ibook a few weeks ago, and it seems there is a
> little problem.
> I've tried to find a way to make air mac work problerly with my Airpor
> Extreme, but it seems that, when you are going to inject traffic you
> need to have the proper driver. And the default drivers don't work.
>
> I read about this problem, so I wondered if you can suggest me a way
> to make WEP decrypting?
> I found some way of doing it on Linux machines with the propper
> drivers, but couldn't do with my ibook .
>
> Wish you can help. Thanks and regards.

It sounds like you are experimenting with cracking WEP passwords to gain
access to wireless network. There are tools and drivers for the Mac to
do this, and they can be found in a few web searches.

Sako

I'm afraid I just could find Air Mac, and some stumblers, I saw some
for Linux but none for Mac Os, even I web researched for a couple of
months.
So if you could tell me any or how to find them , that would be great ,
because Google web search doesn't work to me.
Thkns

TK

I'm not sure what the link is, but try searching for KisMac R75. It's
the new alpha version that supports passive mode for Airport Extreme
cards. Sometimes a hassle to get installed and working, but it'll come
through if you work at it long enough.

Sako wrote:
> I'm afraid I just could find Air Mac, and some stumblers, I saw some
> for Linux but none for Mac Os, even I web researched for a couple of
> months.
> So if you could tell me any or how to find them , that would be great ,
> because Google web search doesn't work to me.
> Thkns

Clark Martin

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Sako" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm afraid I just could find Air Mac, and some stumblers, I saw some
> for Linux but none for Mac Os, even I web researched for a couple of
> months.
> So if you could tell me any or how to find them , that would be great ,
> because Google web search doesn't work to me.
> Thkns

Must be using a different Google. I just put in "mac stumbler" (no
quotes) and the first page of hits is all about MacStumbler. Classic
Stumbler shows up in the second page.

You can also try www.versiontracker.com.

--
Clark Martin