Problems with IE7

amberland

I am using IE7 on my 1yr. old Gateway FX530XG using
MS XP Professional OS. Quite often error message indicates that IE has
experienced a problem and will close. Should I install IE8, or another
program?

chicagofan

Joan F (MI) wrote:
> Try FireFox, I really like it. It's very configurable, has many addons
> available to fit your surfing preferences.
>
> amberland wrote:
> | I am using IE7 on my 1yr. old Gateway FX530XG using
> | MS XP Professional OS. Quite often error message indicates that IE has
> | experienced a problem and will close. Should I install IE8, or another
> | program?

Or try SeaMonkey, which has a mail/newsreader combined with a browser,
very much like Firefox, unless you prefer the stand alone
applications. [They are both Mozilla based.] Either is
preferable to IE, in my humble opinion.
bj

Frank

chicagofan wrote:
> Joan F (MI) wrote:
>> Try FireFox, I really like it. It's very configurable, has many
>> addons available to fit your surfing preferences.
>>
>> amberland wrote:
>> | I am using IE7 on my 1yr. old Gateway FX530XG using
>> | MS XP Professional OS. Quite often error message indicates that IE has
>> | experienced a problem and will close. Should I install IE8, or another
>> | program?
>>

> Or try SeaMonkey, which has a mail/newsreader combined with a browser,
> very much like Firefox, unless you prefer the stand alone
> applications. [They are both Mozilla based.] Either is
> preferable to IE, in my humble opinion.
> bj

I prefer Firefox browser with Thunderbird for the latter.
IE is sluggish coming up on Vista on my year+ old GW.