Problems with KyroII 4500 64MB on a MVP3 mobo

John Smith

Sorry guys, it's on an Epox MVP3C2 and cannot get it to run without
artefacts all over. I ran DXdiag and cannot get anything of the cube to show
in D3D test (had the DX7-part start but freeze when only DX7 was installed).
I've tried disabling D3D & AGP in DXdiag and also reduced video
accleeration, the re-enabled, but no benefit.

I had used the same video card on my VA-503+ for about half a year without
any problems, so wonder why there should be a problem this time - was my
VA-503/KyroII a fluke or have others also had this combo running fine?

I have VIA 4in1 4.35 loaded and also DX 8.1 Hercules drivers are 16.055,
although I have tried those on the CD as well.
TIA

John Smith

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UeQhc.10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry guys, it's on an Epox MVP3C2 and cannot get it to run without
> artefacts all over. I ran DXdiag and cannot get anything of the cube to

show
> in D3D test (had the DX7-part start but freeze when only DX7 was

installed).
> I've tried disabling D3D & AGP in DXdiag and also reduced video
> accleeration, the re-enabled, but no benefit.
>
> I had used the same video card on my VA-503+ for about half a year without
> any problems, so wonder why there should be a problem this time - was my
> VA-503/KyroII a fluke or have others also had this combo running fine?
>
> I have VIA 4in1 4.35 loaded and also DX 8.1 Hercules drivers are 16.055,
> although I have tried those on the CD as well.
> TIA

Any tips appreciated. Otherwise it's going to get replaced by a TNT2 Vanta
:-(

farmuse

make sure its seated in AGP slot well, if still problems you may
want to consider the power supply; if none of the above then
incompatible it seems ~

MVP3/ATI cranialflatulence FIC 4 03-07-2004 01:47 PM
Can a VA-503+ mobo boot after the 1024th cylinder? (MVP3 chipset) Dick Trace FIC 0 01-06-2004 06:01 PM
FT: AGP 64MB Hercules Prophet 4500 - will trade for almost any 64 MB PCI the Synapseboy Nvidia 3 01-05-2004 12:38 AM
FT: AGP 64MB Hercules Prophet 4500 - will trade for almost any 64 MB PCI the Synapseboy ATI 3 01-05-2004 12:38 AM
UDMA CD-ROM compatability on legacy Via MVP3 based Tyan S1590 Phil Lee Tyan 0 10-23-2003 09:32 PM