problems with tablet input

Pete

Hey folks,

Hope some one can help I have two machines with the same problem one is a
dell and the other is a fujitsu. We were provided with an image through MS
we have customized for our company. Later we were provided with some extra
files to add to the image so that the tablet input functionality would work.

Here's the problem. The Pen works as a mouse only. The tablet Icon doesn't
even respond when clicked on. and none of the following services exist in
windows (my research found that they were there on people's systems that do
work)

Tablet PC Input Service
SL UI Notification Service
Software Licensing

Any help will be appreciated. Ultimately when this is resolved I will be
updating the image for various machines we will be testing.

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

Sounds very much like the install you have is not a full tablet version
or that the inking components have not been installed.

If you have the original os disks for the devices, running a fresh
install _of the tablet os_ will validate that it is not a hardware problem.

A "repair install" from the oem tablet disks might also be an option.

>> We were provided with an image through MS we have customized for our

company <<

think your best approach is to backtrack this source as ms has a number
of barricades with respect to obtaining and reinstalling the tablet os.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]